Active family of 4 planning first European vacation. Well mannered adventurous kids 7 & 11 who are interested in all things fun, they like museums, shopping, all kinds of food. They would like a private visitation with Princess Kate (the 7y/o) and an invitation to Hogworts ( he's 11). Alas, we only have 10 days. Plan fly into London, hope to see the Tattoo in Edinburgh ( tiks still available last check), visit family in Glasgow for 1-2 days. Late July - Aug. I would love any advice on itinerary ideas, thoughts on duration in each location, if time to head into the Highlands? Harry Potter thing worth it? We tend to pack a lot in when we travel. It is our vacation pace. Day trip to Paris doing too much?
London & Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 3 Traveling in France by train
- 4 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 7 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 8 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 9 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 10 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Arc de Triumph Question
- 13 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 14 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 15 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 16 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 17 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 18 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 22 Paris November 2014
- 23 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 24 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris