Hello again -
So I have been aggressively nailing down the last details of our trip and what not. Let me just say that I am now more excited more than ever! A few months ago, I took the advise of our expert Fodorites and booked hotels on booking.com. I didn't have to pay upfront so all is good. One person in here mentioned that a week or two before you travel,,, try to look again for accommodations as some places might be desperate to fill rooms.
So I was consciously re-checking booking.com, trivago etc, other sites and came across a forum. One mentioned in there to try LSE (London School of Economics) as they try to rent out the rooms at the residence when school is over.
So I did check the LSEVacations site and found some great deals at the Passfield Hall, Roseberry Hall, etc. Around £47.00 a night. And the location is close to British Museum, etc.
Tempting as any £20 a night I save can go to say another tour or another sandwich.
My question is: Has anyone tried this route before? College dorms? How was it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Northern Ireland ideas
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 scotland itinerary
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Hotel in Florence
- 21 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 24 Malta - how to do it?
- 25 Using CPAP machine in France
Hello again -