Hello again -
So I have been aggressively nailing down the last details of our trip and what not. Let me just say that I am now more excited more than ever! A few months ago, I took the advise of our expert Fodorites and booked hotels on booking.com. I didn't have to pay upfront so all is good. One person in here mentioned that a week or two before you travel,,, try to look again for accommodations as some places might be desperate to fill rooms.
So I was consciously re-checking booking.com, trivago etc, other sites and came across a forum. One mentioned in there to try LSE (London School of Economics) as they try to rent out the rooms at the residence when school is over.
So I did check the LSEVacations site and found some great deals at the Passfield Hall, Roseberry Hall, etc. Around £47.00 a night. And the location is close to British Museum, etc.
Tempting as any £20 a night I save can go to say another tour or another sandwich.
My question is: Has anyone tried this route before? College dorms? How was it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 11 Super Cover For Hertz
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 17 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 9 days and nights in Switzerland
Hello again -