Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 2 Italy by car
- 3 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 4 Ireland in October?
- 5 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 6 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 7 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 8 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 9 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 10 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 13 Lyon
- 14 Dolomites October 14-18
- 15 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 16 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 17 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 20 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 21 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 22 sim card
- 23 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --