Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 3 One Way... trust or bust?
- 4 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 5 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 6 Italy weather last week of March.
- 7 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 8 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 9 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 10 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 11 Alhambra
- 12 Antwerp Tram
- 13 Paris weather
- 14 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 15 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 16 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 17 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 18 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 19 Advice for London 2 days
- 20 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 21 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 22 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 23 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 24 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 25 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --