Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Southern Spain
- 7 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 8 driving in france with kids
- 9 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 10 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 15 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 18 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 19 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 20 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 21 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 22 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 25 Which european city?