Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 2 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Ireland in April
- 6 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 7 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 8 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Itinerary Tweaking
- 14 Itinerary Help
- 15 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Hotel in Vienna
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 22 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 23 Amalfi Coast help
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 family holiday Rome&Venice
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --