Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 2 tipping
- 3 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 4 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 5 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 6 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 7 Hiking in Luberon
- 8 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 9 Paris and Lyon
- 10 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 11 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 12 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 13 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 14 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 15 What clothes?
- 16 London Paris
- 17 What would YOU do in Berlin?
- 18 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 19 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 20 Sorrento or Positano
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 From Galway: go north or south???
- 23 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 24 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 25 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --