Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hey Fodor's
- 2 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 3 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 4 Advice please...
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 7 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 8 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 9 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 10 Photographer in Paris?
- 11 Which hotel in London?
- 12 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 13 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 14 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 15 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 16 19 countries in a day
- 17 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 18 First visit to France in November
- 19 Venice; recommendations
- 20 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 21 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 22 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?