Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Amsterdam and...?
- 4 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 5 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --