My husband and I are planning a trip arriving to London May 5 thru May 16. I am having difficulty piecing together a schedule for us. We are also working with a travel agent but we like to plan our own adventures. First of all I need ideas on which part of London should we stay? Is Kensington a good area? Prices for hotels seem a little bit less there. We want to spend between 200 to 275 dollars per night We love boutique small hotels the best with some flavor. The travel agent wants us to go with the London Pass but I see a lot of people say not to take that. Why? Anyway we want to see the usual sites but also Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle. We also want to stay 2 days in Bath and 2 in York. Is that enough time for Bath and York? We were interested in taking a 4 day tour around England seeing some of Wales, and Chester as well as Shakespeare territory. Are there any small 3 day tours? Is 2 days enough for York? I have names of B&B's for York as well as Bath thankfully from Fodor users. Am I trying to put in too many things for this visit? We love countryside as well as city. Any thoughts will help me get organized. My husband are "young seniors" with plenty of energy. We are great walkers. Also any ideas of how to organize the sites in London would be helpful. I might be wanting to do too much. So need some help. Thanks.
London plus tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Prague flea markets
- 4 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 5 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 6 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 7 Where to go from Brussels?
- 8 Croatia: ajvar recipe
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 10 London neighborhood suggestions
- 11 We Need a Pact
- 12 I need a haircut
- 13 All you need in croatia
- 14 Tipping in Greece
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 17 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 18 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 19 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 20 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 21 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 24 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 25 Bayern seasonal pass