My husband and I are planning a trip arriving to London May 5 thru May 16. I am having difficulty piecing together a schedule for us. We are also working with a travel agent but we like to plan our own adventures. First of all I need ideas on which part of London should we stay? Is Kensington a good area? Prices for hotels seem a little bit less there. We want to spend between 200 to 275 dollars per night We love boutique small hotels the best with some flavor. The travel agent wants us to go with the London Pass but I see a lot of people say not to take that. Why? Anyway we want to see the usual sites but also Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle. We also want to stay 2 days in Bath and 2 in York. Is that enough time for Bath and York? We were interested in taking a 4 day tour around England seeing some of Wales, and Chester as well as Shakespeare territory. Are there any small 3 day tours? Is 2 days enough for York? I have names of B&B's for York as well as Bath thankfully from Fodor users. Am I trying to put in too many things for this visit? We love countryside as well as city. Any thoughts will help me get organized. My husband are "young seniors" with plenty of energy. We are great walkers. Also any ideas of how to organize the sites in London would be helpful. I might be wanting to do too much. So need some help. Thanks.
London plus tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 3 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 4 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 5 Greek Island honeymoon
- 6 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 7 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 8 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 9 Tuscany: best day trips/tours - cooking classes, wines tours, other...
- 10 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 11 Transportation in Paris
- 12 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 13 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 14 2 for 1 tickets
- 15 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 16 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 17 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 18 Split to Venice. Help!
- 19 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 20 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 21 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 24 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 25 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...