My husband and I are planning a trip arriving to London May 5 thru May 16. I am having difficulty piecing together a schedule for us. We are also working with a travel agent but we like to plan our own adventures. First of all I need ideas on which part of London should we stay? Is Kensington a good area? Prices for hotels seem a little bit less there. We want to spend between 200 to 275 dollars per night We love boutique small hotels the best with some flavor. The travel agent wants us to go with the London Pass but I see a lot of people say not to take that. Why? Anyway we want to see the usual sites but also Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle. We also want to stay 2 days in Bath and 2 in York. Is that enough time for Bath and York? We were interested in taking a 4 day tour around England seeing some of Wales, and Chester as well as Shakespeare territory. Are there any small 3 day tours? Is 2 days enough for York? I have names of B&B's for York as well as Bath thankfully from Fodor users. Am I trying to put in too many things for this visit? We love countryside as well as city. Any thoughts will help me get organized. My husband are "young seniors" with plenty of energy. We are great walkers. Also any ideas of how to organize the sites in London would be helpful. I might be wanting to do too much. So need some help. Thanks.
London plus tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in black and white
- 2 10 days to Explore Europe
- 3 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 4 Looking for advice about travel insurance
- 5 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 6 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 7 plug adapters ITALY
- 8 How much luggage?????
- 9 Transfer Milan airport
- 10 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 11 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 12 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 13 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 14 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 15 London for Free
- 16 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 17 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 18 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 19 Day Trips from Nice
- 20 Help with France itinerary
- 21 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 22 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal