I have another trip in the works (just like many of you said would happen!)
I have yet to even start a trip report for my last trip that so many of you helped me on. To name a few to say THANK YOU!:
annhig(I loved Santa Prassede), I also appreciated all of your Italy tips/suggestions
denisea,kybourbon- Provided lots of help and many many tips
willowjane- who introduced me to the scavi tour in Rome, which was amazing.
Cdchi1- for mentioning San Giovanni in Laterano- I absolutely loved this church.
adrienne- Thank you for many Paris/France tips. I am using many of your suggestions for my 2nd trip this Fall.
Vespacurves- for the time saving suggestion, which we used. Rome then train to Vencie
indy_dad- for the Normandy help
Here is the plan for the trip with my 2 cousins in October:
6 nights/5 full days in London
6 nights/5 full days in Paris
4 nights/3 full days in Sorrento (cousins are staying 7 nights/6 full days)
-Day trips to Pompeii,Positano,Capri,Naples
I will be taking the train to Rome, alone, and staying in a convent for 3nights/2 full days. I have been before and want to do a few things I did not have time for on my last trip.
One of my cousins uses a wheelchair. Do any of you have experience traveling with someone who uses a wheelchair? What is the accessibility like? it doesn't look great to be so far, but doable with three of us. We have already discussed slower travel and site seeing.
I feel the itinerary is good for London and Paris. I have never been to that part of Italy, does it look ok? We mainly want to just relax and visit the picturesque towns. We do want to visit Pompeii museums (I think we will join a walks of Italy pompeii tour), hike Mt. Vesuvius, eat pizza in Naples .
What is Capri like at the end of October, the blue grotto open then?
What about a driver for the Amalfi coast, any suggestions for this? What is the public transportation like? I've read that the busses are very crowded.
I don't want to plan things on particular days, as I'd rather let that depend on the weather.
Thank you for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 3 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas
London, Paris, Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, Wheelchair users and Kudos