I have another trip in the works (just like many of you said would happen!)
I have yet to even start a trip report for my last trip that so many of you helped me on. To name a few to say THANK YOU!:
annhig(I loved Santa Prassede), I also appreciated all of your Italy tips/suggestions
denisea,kybourbon- Provided lots of help and many many tips
willowjane- who introduced me to the scavi tour in Rome, which was amazing.
Cdchi1- for mentioning San Giovanni in Laterano- I absolutely loved this church.
adrienne- Thank you for many Paris/France tips. I am using many of your suggestions for my 2nd trip this Fall.
Vespacurves- for the time saving suggestion, which we used. Rome then train to Vencie
indy_dad- for the Normandy help
Here is the plan for the trip with my 2 cousins in October:
6 nights/5 full days in London
6 nights/5 full days in Paris
4 nights/3 full days in Sorrento (cousins are staying 7 nights/6 full days)
-Day trips to Pompeii,Positano,Capri,Naples
I will be taking the train to Rome, alone, and staying in a convent for 3nights/2 full days. I have been before and want to do a few things I did not have time for on my last trip.
One of my cousins uses a wheelchair. Do any of you have experience traveling with someone who uses a wheelchair? What is the accessibility like? it doesn't look great to be so far, but doable with three of us. We have already discussed slower travel and site seeing.
I feel the itinerary is good for London and Paris. I have never been to that part of Italy, does it look ok? We mainly want to just relax and visit the picturesque towns. We do want to visit Pompeii museums (I think we will join a walks of Italy pompeii tour), hike Mt. Vesuvius, eat pizza in Naples .
What is Capri like at the end of October, the blue grotto open then?
What about a driver for the Amalfi coast, any suggestions for this? What is the public transportation like? I've read that the busses are very crowded.
I don't want to plan things on particular days, as I'd rather let that depend on the weather.
Thank you for your insight!
London, Paris, Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, Wheelchair users and Kudos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 3 Help with a small island in Greece
- 4 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 5 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 6 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 7 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 8 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 9 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 12 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 13 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 14 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 16 things in Rhonda
- 17 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 23 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 24 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 25 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks