My partner and I are planning a Europe trip next November for our Honeymoon. I know in November it will be cold and probably raining but we're from Australia so it'll be a nice change, plus we're not keen on big crowds so low season will work for us
This will be our first time in Europe, so I wanted to make sure we had a good amount of time in each place we're staying, any feed back on the amount of time per place would be great, also an ideas on the order of travel. We're open to suggestion.
We've got 3-4 weeks to play with and at this stage our plans are as thus;
London - 6 nights (train to paris)
Paris - 6 nights (train to brussels)
Brussels - 1 night? thinking maybe this could just be a day trip? (Train to Ghent)
Ghent - 3 nights (train to Brugge)
Brugge - 2 nights (train to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - 2/3 nights (fly home)....or Fly to Rome?
Thats about 3 weeks there so we can add more days if necessary, I would be happy to go to Rome in place of Amsterdam but my partner is keen to go to Amsterdam, we would really like to add Rome to our itinerary but I'm just not sure where to put it, or if it's feasible. I figure we'd want 3/4 nights in Rome. We could possibly swap time in Amsterdam for time in Rome if he HAVE to choose one or the other.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
London - Paris - Belgium - Amsterdam (Where to put Rome!?) Itinerary Advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 2 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 3 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 4 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 5 How long in Venice?
- 6 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 7 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 8 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 9 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 10 Getting cash in Spain
- 11 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 12 Cotswolds village base
- 13 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 14 First Time Going to Europe
- 15 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 16 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 17 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 18 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 19 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 20 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 21 International driving permit required in France?
- 22 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 23 Hotel in Rome?
- 24 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 25 Traditional food in Athens