My partner and I are planning a Europe trip next November for our Honeymoon. I know in November it will be cold and probably raining but we're from Australia so it'll be a nice change, plus we're not keen on big crowds so low season will work for us
This will be our first time in Europe, so I wanted to make sure we had a good amount of time in each place we're staying, any feed back on the amount of time per place would be great, also an ideas on the order of travel. We're open to suggestion.
We've got 3-4 weeks to play with and at this stage our plans are as thus;
London - 6 nights (train to paris)
Paris - 6 nights (train to brussels)
Brussels - 1 night? thinking maybe this could just be a day trip? (Train to Ghent)
Ghent - 3 nights (train to Brugge)
Brugge - 2 nights (train to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - 2/3 nights (fly home)....or Fly to Rome?
Thats about 3 weeks there so we can add more days if necessary, I would be happy to go to Rome in place of Amsterdam but my partner is keen to go to Amsterdam, we would really like to add Rome to our itinerary but I'm just not sure where to put it, or if it's feasible. I figure we'd want 3/4 nights in Rome. We could possibly swap time in Amsterdam for time in Rome if he HAVE to choose one or the other.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 2 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 3 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
London - Paris - Belgium - Amsterdam (Where to put Rome!?) Itinerary Advice