My partner and I are planning a Europe trip next November for our Honeymoon. I know in November it will be cold and probably raining but we're from Australia so it'll be a nice change, plus we're not keen on big crowds so low season will work for us
This will be our first time in Europe, so I wanted to make sure we had a good amount of time in each place we're staying, any feed back on the amount of time per place would be great, also an ideas on the order of travel. We're open to suggestion.
We've got 3-4 weeks to play with and at this stage our plans are as thus;
London - 6 nights (train to paris)
Paris - 6 nights (train to brussels)
Brussels - 1 night? thinking maybe this could just be a day trip? (Train to Ghent)
Ghent - 3 nights (train to Brugge)
Brugge - 2 nights (train to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - 2/3 nights (fly home)....or Fly to Rome?
Thats about 3 weeks there so we can add more days if necessary, I would be happy to go to Rome in place of Amsterdam but my partner is keen to go to Amsterdam, we would really like to add Rome to our itinerary but I'm just not sure where to put it, or if it's feasible. I figure we'd want 3/4 nights in Rome. We could possibly swap time in Amsterdam for time in Rome if he HAVE to choose one or the other.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
London - Paris - Belgium - Amsterdam (Where to put Rome!?) Itinerary Advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Burgundy in May