I am planning a solo trip to Europe from Canada in the first 2 weeks of June 2016 for about 11-12 days on ground (excluding flying to/from Canada), but can't quite decide if I can fit all 3 cities, London, Paris, Barcelona, in this much time.
My interests are learning about history, culture, architecture, etc., although I am not an expert in any of those. So I tend to get attracted to museums and more-or-less the touristy things in cities.
In my previous trip to Europe I visited Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin. It was my first trip on my own, and I found that I overdid the museums and sightseeing, and came back more exhausted because I tried to fit in as many things as I could in that time.
This time around, I want to take it a bit easier and not exhaust myself with trying to cram in everything I can possibly do in each city. I want to stroll around in streets, sit and enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about missing the next tourist attraction, and maybe do only 1-2 museums per city.
I am also okay with spending a bit more on accommodation if it will allow me the convenience of being close to things I want to do/see.
With all that information, how many days do people think would give me a good flavour of each city? I would imagine I would need more days in Paris and London than Barcelona, but I am not sure. I am thinking 4 full days in London, 5 in Paris, and 3 in Barcelona, or 4,4,3 respectively to account for travelling between cities.
Or based on my interests, would you think that I should stick to 2 cities instead of 3? If so, which 2?
Any tips and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Lugano area
- 2 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 10 Recommendations
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Paris- restaurant
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 15 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 16 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 17 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 18 Iceland car rental agencies
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 Happy birthday ATM
- 21 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 24 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 25 Cortona -- just a passing thought