I am planning a solo trip to Europe from Canada in the first 2 weeks of June 2016 for about 11-12 days on ground (excluding flying to/from Canada), but can't quite decide if I can fit all 3 cities, London, Paris, Barcelona, in this much time.
My interests are learning about history, culture, architecture, etc., although I am not an expert in any of those. So I tend to get attracted to museums and more-or-less the touristy things in cities.
In my previous trip to Europe I visited Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin. It was my first trip on my own, and I found that I overdid the museums and sightseeing, and came back more exhausted because I tried to fit in as many things as I could in that time.
This time around, I want to take it a bit easier and not exhaust myself with trying to cram in everything I can possibly do in each city. I want to stroll around in streets, sit and enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about missing the next tourist attraction, and maybe do only 1-2 museums per city.
I am also okay with spending a bit more on accommodation if it will allow me the convenience of being close to things I want to do/see.
With all that information, how many days do people think would give me a good flavour of each city? I would imagine I would need more days in Paris and London than Barcelona, but I am not sure. I am thinking 4 full days in London, 5 in Paris, and 3 in Barcelona, or 4,4,3 respectively to account for travelling between cities.
Or based on my interests, would you think that I should stick to 2 cities instead of 3? If so, which 2?
Any tips and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 6 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 25 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please