I am planning a solo trip to Europe from Canada in the first 2 weeks of June 2016 for about 11-12 days on ground (excluding flying to/from Canada), but can't quite decide if I can fit all 3 cities, London, Paris, Barcelona, in this much time.
My interests are learning about history, culture, architecture, etc., although I am not an expert in any of those. So I tend to get attracted to museums and more-or-less the touristy things in cities.
In my previous trip to Europe I visited Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin. It was my first trip on my own, and I found that I overdid the museums and sightseeing, and came back more exhausted because I tried to fit in as many things as I could in that time.
This time around, I want to take it a bit easier and not exhaust myself with trying to cram in everything I can possibly do in each city. I want to stroll around in streets, sit and enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about missing the next tourist attraction, and maybe do only 1-2 museums per city.
I am also okay with spending a bit more on accommodation if it will allow me the convenience of being close to things I want to do/see.
With all that information, how many days do people think would give me a good flavour of each city? I would imagine I would need more days in Paris and London than Barcelona, but I am not sure. I am thinking 4 full days in London, 5 in Paris, and 3 in Barcelona, or 4,4,3 respectively to account for travelling between cities.
Or based on my interests, would you think that I should stick to 2 cities instead of 3? If so, which 2?
Any tips and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 London Theater
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 10 Private Guide in Lyon
- 11 Norwegian Air?
- 12 Highclare Castle
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 UK in May and June
- 17 Poland to Austria In December
- 18 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 23 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 24 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 25 Shorts in South of France?