We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 2 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 3 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 4 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 5 Tattoos in Italy
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 8 Another Question re Scotland
- 9 Place to stay
- 10 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 11 Charming areas to explore in London
- 12 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 13 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 19 2 weeks from southern italy
- 20 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 21 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 22 travel around Spain
- 23 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 24 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 25 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark