We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Way... trust or bust?
- 2 A few last minute questions
- 3 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 4 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 7 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 Cost of Van from CDG
- 10 San Vino
- 11 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 12 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 13 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 14 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 15 Walking GPS?
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 18 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 19 Croatian islands
- 20 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 21 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 22 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 23 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 24 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 25 Edinburgh Nightlife