We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Bordeaux
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 Andalucia Spain
- 6 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 7 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 8 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 9 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 12 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 13 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 14 Barcelona - places to stay
- 15 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 16 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 Language to use in Belgium
- 20 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 21 Istanbul at Easter
- 22 Palermo Apartment
- 23 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time