We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 2 Spain car rental questions
- 3 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 4 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 5 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 6 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 7 My 60th birthday surprises
- 8 Help with first time trip with family
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 11 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 15 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 Verona or Athens?
- 18 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 19 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 20 RHK's Fall escape
- 21 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 22 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 23 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 24 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th