We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal with large family
- 2 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 3 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Croatia
- 7 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 8 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 17 Driving in Italy?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Tour groups
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents