We are going back to London this year, and will naturally bring our Oyster cards. In the past, we have loaded 7-day travelcards onto them (because we usually stay about a week). However, this time, we will only be there 4 days.
We use both bus and tube, so we are trying to decide whether to still buy the travelcard (27.60 GBP or 6.90/day) or just load money onto the Oyster. I need some clarification about "Daily Price Cap" on the Oyster.
(1) Does that mean, no matter how many rides on a given day, they won't deduct more than that cap?
(2) There appear to be 3 different caps: tube peak (8.00), tube off-peak (6.60) and bus/tram (4.00). How does that work if you use buses and tube on the same day?
For instance, what would the deduction be if we did (in a single day, all zone 1, off-peak):
3 tubes = 5.70 (the daily cap is 6.60)
3 buses = 3.90 (the daily cap is 4.00)
Would the duduction be the total of 9.60, or would it be the 6.60 off-peak tube cap (the larger of the two caps)?
In other words, are the limits individually tallied, or is everything added up and they deduct the largest limit?
I hope I am not complicating this for everyone more than necessary -- maybe I should just get the 7-day travelcard and forget the math.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Install CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999:8045 HP PRINTER Technical 24X7
- 2 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 3 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 4 Threat Level in UK
- 5 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 6 London 6 day itinerary
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 ATM
- 9 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 10 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 11 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 12 Living in Paris......for a week
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 16 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 17 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 18 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Athens tour guide advice
- 23 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise