My wife and I are planning a trip to London in late August. We will be flying out of New York on Wednesday night, August 29th, arriving in London on the morning of Thursday, August 30th. We plan on being in London all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and flying back Monday.
Here's the dilemma - we went to Paris on an incredible trip two years ago and loved it. We've also discussed trying to get back even for a short period of time when we visited London considering they are so close.
So the question is, does it make any sense to be in London for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and take a Eurostar train Sunday morning to Paris for the day before leaving Europe on Monday, just to have one day in Paris? Or is London so overwhelming with things to see that it would be crazy to leave a day early?
Any opinions are welcome. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Germany train help!
- 9 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 16 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 17 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 23 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!