My wife and I are planning a trip to London in late August. We will be flying out of New York on Wednesday night, August 29th, arriving in London on the morning of Thursday, August 30th. We plan on being in London all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and flying back Monday.
Here's the dilemma - we went to Paris on an incredible trip two years ago and loved it. We've also discussed trying to get back even for a short period of time when we visited London considering they are so close.
So the question is, does it make any sense to be in London for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and take a Eurostar train Sunday morning to Paris for the day before leaving Europe on Monday, just to have one day in Paris? Or is London so overwhelming with things to see that it would be crazy to leave a day early?
Any opinions are welcome. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 2 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 3 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 4 Which area to stay in London
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 7 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 12 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 17 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 21 16 days in France and Italy
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 24 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 25 Lisbon - a few tips