My wife and I are planning a trip to London in late August. We will be flying out of New York on Wednesday night, August 29th, arriving in London on the morning of Thursday, August 30th. We plan on being in London all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and flying back Monday.
Here's the dilemma - we went to Paris on an incredible trip two years ago and loved it. We've also discussed trying to get back even for a short period of time when we visited London considering they are so close.
So the question is, does it make any sense to be in London for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and take a Eurostar train Sunday morning to Paris for the day before leaving Europe on Monday, just to have one day in Paris? Or is London so overwhelming with things to see that it would be crazy to leave a day early?
Any opinions are welcome. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy