My wife and I are planning a trip to London in late August. We will be flying out of New York on Wednesday night, August 29th, arriving in London on the morning of Thursday, August 30th. We plan on being in London all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and flying back Monday.
Here's the dilemma - we went to Paris on an incredible trip two years ago and loved it. We've also discussed trying to get back even for a short period of time when we visited London considering they are so close.
So the question is, does it make any sense to be in London for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and take a Eurostar train Sunday morning to Paris for the day before leaving Europe on Monday, just to have one day in Paris? Or is London so overwhelming with things to see that it would be crazy to leave a day early?
Any opinions are welcome. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 2 Germany in December Trip Report
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 5 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 6 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 7 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 12 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 13 French restaurants
- 14 Azores in February
- 15 Trains in Alps and UK
- 16 Scotland Trip
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 19 Lisbon trip report
- 20 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 23 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 24 Driving in Italy?
- 25 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa