We are a family from Australia of 4 (2 children aged 11 and 8) who will be visiting London for the first time in mid to late June next year. We are looking at accommodation options and considering which area of London to stay in. After looking at several places, we were considering staying on South Bank at possibly Holiday Inn Express Southwark or Novotel London Blackfriars based on good reviews and cost for the 4 of us. We are planning on doing the following:
Day 1: Arrive by Eurostar from Paris lunch time. Perhaps explore SouthBank, walk along Queens walk, London Eye
Day 2: 10:30am London Walks tour (this is london tour). Visit Westminster Abbey, possibly visit Hyde Park, kensington gardens. See a show - kids would like to see billy elliott in evening.
Day 3: Visit Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral. ?Thames river cruise
Day 4: Warner Brothers Studio Harry Potter tour. In late afternoon/evening take Waterloo line to Woking Station to meet and stay with family.
Day 5: Staying with family who will drive us to Hampton Court and possibly Windsor Castle if there is time
Day 6: Go to airport for flight to Malta to see family.
I realise that we don't have a lot of time but unfortunately we don't have much control over this. Is Day 1 to 4 doable from South Bank - I assume it is easy to get everywhere with the tube? If you have any other advice/ideas or accommodation ideas similar in cost to those i mentioned, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday