We are a family from Australia of 4 (2 children aged 11 and 8) who will be visiting London for the first time in mid to late June next year. We are looking at accommodation options and considering which area of London to stay in. After looking at several places, we were considering staying on South Bank at possibly Holiday Inn Express Southwark or Novotel London Blackfriars based on good reviews and cost for the 4 of us. We are planning on doing the following:
Day 1: Arrive by Eurostar from Paris lunch time. Perhaps explore SouthBank, walk along Queens walk, London Eye
Day 2: 10:30am London Walks tour (this is london tour). Visit Westminster Abbey, possibly visit Hyde Park, kensington gardens. See a show - kids would like to see billy elliott in evening.
Day 3: Visit Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral. ?Thames river cruise
Day 4: Warner Brothers Studio Harry Potter tour. In late afternoon/evening take Waterloo line to Woking Station to meet and stay with family.
Day 5: Staying with family who will drive us to Hampton Court and possibly Windsor Castle if there is time
Day 6: Go to airport for flight to Malta to see family.
I realise that we don't have a lot of time but unfortunately we don't have much control over this. Is Day 1 to 4 doable from South Bank - I assume it is easy to get everywhere with the tube? If you have any other advice/ideas or accommodation ideas similar in cost to those i mentioned, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 travel fan 220v?
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 11 Palermo Apartment
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Barcelona - places to stay
- 14 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 16 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 17 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 Europe in October!
- 20 B&Bs in Ireland
- 21 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 22 Moldova and Transnistria
- 23 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??