We are a family from Australia of 4 (2 children aged 11 and 8) who will be visiting London for the first time in mid to late June next year. We are looking at accommodation options and considering which area of London to stay in. After looking at several places, we were considering staying on South Bank at possibly Holiday Inn Express Southwark or Novotel London Blackfriars based on good reviews and cost for the 4 of us. We are planning on doing the following:
Day 1: Arrive by Eurostar from Paris lunch time. Perhaps explore SouthBank, walk along Queens walk, London Eye
Day 2: 10:30am London Walks tour (this is london tour). Visit Westminster Abbey, possibly visit Hyde Park, kensington gardens. See a show - kids would like to see billy elliott in evening.
Day 3: Visit Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral. ?Thames river cruise
Day 4: Warner Brothers Studio Harry Potter tour. In late afternoon/evening take Waterloo line to Woking Station to meet and stay with family.
Day 5: Staying with family who will drive us to Hampton Court and possibly Windsor Castle if there is time
Day 6: Go to airport for flight to Malta to see family.
I realise that we don't have a lot of time but unfortunately we don't have much control over this. Is Day 1 to 4 doable from South Bank - I assume it is easy to get everywhere with the tube? If you have any other advice/ideas or accommodation ideas similar in cost to those i mentioned, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 7 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 14 Transportation
- 15 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 16 4 days in Provence in early June
- 17 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 18 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 19 Leather goods in Florence
- 20 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 21 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 22 France Itinerary Advice
- 23 Trip to Rome
- 24 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 25 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar