We are a family from Australia of 4 (2 children aged 11 and 8) who will be visiting London for the first time in mid to late June next year. We are looking at accommodation options and considering which area of London to stay in. After looking at several places, we were considering staying on South Bank at possibly Holiday Inn Express Southwark or Novotel London Blackfriars based on good reviews and cost for the 4 of us. We are planning on doing the following:
Day 1: Arrive by Eurostar from Paris lunch time. Perhaps explore SouthBank, walk along Queens walk, London Eye
Day 2: 10:30am London Walks tour (this is london tour). Visit Westminster Abbey, possibly visit Hyde Park, kensington gardens. See a show - kids would like to see billy elliott in evening.
Day 3: Visit Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral. ?Thames river cruise
Day 4: Warner Brothers Studio Harry Potter tour. In late afternoon/evening take Waterloo line to Woking Station to meet and stay with family.
Day 5: Staying with family who will drive us to Hampton Court and possibly Windsor Castle if there is time
Day 6: Go to airport for flight to Malta to see family.
I realise that we don't have a lot of time but unfortunately we don't have much control over this. Is Day 1 to 4 doable from South Bank - I assume it is easy to get everywhere with the tube? If you have any other advice/ideas or accommodation ideas similar in cost to those i mentioned, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 2 바카라룰■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■온카マ온카
- 3 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 12 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 13 European Vacation 2017
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Need help in completing trip details
- 17 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 18 Which area to stay in London
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!