I am looking for some advice on our itinerary. We are a family of four traveling in the late summer w/ two teen girls. I've tried to do a lot of research (and stealing from other fodors itineraries!) before posting, but I now need some help. If you could take a look below, I would appreciate it.
We generally do not need to see every inch of London, and we don't like to rush around. Below is my working draft. Missing is Buckingham Palace (possibly 11:30am changing of the guards which may not happen every day when we are there), and the British Museum. Again, we don't have to do everything, but these two attractions were on our short list. Truthfully we aren't really museum-goers but we are staying close and I understand it's a great experience - so we are keeping it in mind. We would also be open to seeing a show at night, but I wanted to get the days nailed down first.
Some ideas on where to plug these in, or to take other things out, would be helpful. Also, identifying any glaring omissions would be helpful as well. I tried to do most of this by research, but I'm now a little stuck.
And thanks to everyone who helped me find a great place to stay on my earlier thread.
All the best,
SUNDAY - Arrive 7:00am to Heathrow
Get settled, hopefully check in early to flat near Goodge Station
Unsure of what to do, how tired we will be... ideas? Afternoon Tea or just get to know the neighborhood. Maybe a nice walk to stretch our legs late in the day. A sunday night might be tricky.
MONDAY (or Wednesday)
Tower of London
Borough Market (lunch)
Tour Globe Theatre
Small bus Tour to Bath/Stonehenge
WEDNESDAY (or monday)
Walk/eat around Big Ben, Westminster Bridge, London Eye,
St. James Park
Harry Potter Studio Tour - early/10:00am ticket?
Portobello Market for breakfast - early
SATURDAY - leave for airport early
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 Le Marche, Italy
- 6 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 7 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 8 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report