Hi, London Fodorites.
For the London portion of my trip to England, would love for the locals to give a look-see and possibly offer reccos/tips for me--interested in 19th century London and historical botanical exploration (as you'll see in my itinerary).
Question marks for dining: solo traveler, casual, vegetarian, all cuisines, price flexible, but at first blush, perhaps max.15 GBP for b'fast/lunch; max 25 GBP dinner. Atmosphere=bright + people-watching opps especially welcome.
Day 1 - My Travel Day
• arrive LHR 7:05 am, tube to Kings Cross Station
• Drop bags off at hotel (across from Kings Cross)
• Sir John Soane’s Museum (walk 1.2 miles from hotel)
• (?) Lunch: reccos
• City of London Museum, 150 London Wall (walk 1.1 miles from John Soanes)
• Visit The Old Bailey (.5 miles from City of London Museum; time/energy permitting)
• (?) Dinner: reccos
Day 2 - Early night due to painfully early train on Day 3
• (?) B’fast:
• Chiswick House
• Kew Gardens
• (?) Dinner:
• Bed early for early departure
Day 3-8: not in London
• Arr London 4:32 p.m./16:32; check-in to Bankside location hotel
• (?) Monday Night: Theater or Neighborhood dinner? (Posting question in separate topic re: neighborhoods)
• B’fast at The Wolseley Café
• The Royal Institute (new for me)
• Walk south end Hyde Park to…
• Science Museum (new for me)
• V&A (recently visited; only 1-2 galleries)
• (?) Lunch:
• Quick tour (possible?) of Royal Geographical Society/Lowther Lodge
• (?) Dinner
Day 11: TBD
Day 12: Departure Day
• Hotel is near Tate Modern
• (?) B’fast
• 9:30ish; Walk (1.4 miles) to Garden Museum, 5 Lambeth Palace Rd (South Bank of Thames)
• Lunch at Borough Market (?) or near Blackfriar’s tube stop (?)
• 12:30-1 pm: Travel to LHR; London Blackfriar’s tube (District line ) to Acton (transfer to Piccadilly line to LHR)
• Dep LHR 515 pm/1715
Any red flags?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 10 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 11 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 14 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
Hi, London Fodorites.