Hi, London Fodorites.
For the London portion of my trip to England, would love for the locals to give a look-see and possibly offer reccos/tips for me--interested in 19th century London and historical botanical exploration (as you'll see in my itinerary).
Question marks for dining: solo traveler, casual, vegetarian, all cuisines, price flexible, but at first blush, perhaps max.15 GBP for b'fast/lunch; max 25 GBP dinner. Atmosphere=bright + people-watching opps especially welcome.
Day 1 - My Travel Day
• arrive LHR 7:05 am, tube to Kings Cross Station
• Drop bags off at hotel (across from Kings Cross)
• Sir John Soane’s Museum (walk 1.2 miles from hotel)
• (?) Lunch: reccos
• City of London Museum, 150 London Wall (walk 1.1 miles from John Soanes)
• Visit The Old Bailey (.5 miles from City of London Museum; time/energy permitting)
• (?) Dinner: reccos
Day 2 - Early night due to painfully early train on Day 3
• (?) B’fast:
• Chiswick House
• Kew Gardens
• (?) Dinner:
• Bed early for early departure
Day 3-8: not in London
• Arr London 4:32 p.m./16:32; check-in to Bankside location hotel
• (?) Monday Night: Theater or Neighborhood dinner? (Posting question in separate topic re: neighborhoods)
• B’fast at The Wolseley Café
• The Royal Institute (new for me)
• Walk south end Hyde Park to…
• Science Museum (new for me)
• V&A (recently visited; only 1-2 galleries)
• (?) Lunch:
• Quick tour (possible?) of Royal Geographical Society/Lowther Lodge
• (?) Dinner
Day 11: TBD
Day 12: Departure Day
• Hotel is near Tate Modern
• (?) B’fast
• 9:30ish; Walk (1.4 miles) to Garden Museum, 5 Lambeth Palace Rd (South Bank of Thames)
• Lunch at Borough Market (?) or near Blackfriar’s tube stop (?)
• 12:30-1 pm: Travel to LHR; London Blackfriar’s tube (District line ) to Acton (transfer to Piccadilly line to LHR)
• Dep LHR 515 pm/1715
Any red flags?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Piedmont as a destination
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week
Hi, London Fodorites.