Hi, London Fodorites.
For the London portion of my trip to England, would love for the locals to give a look-see and possibly offer reccos/tips for me--interested in 19th century London and historical botanical exploration (as you'll see in my itinerary).
Question marks for dining: solo traveler, casual, vegetarian, all cuisines, price flexible, but at first blush, perhaps max.15 GBP for b'fast/lunch; max 25 GBP dinner. Atmosphere=bright + people-watching opps especially welcome.
Day 1 - My Travel Day
• arrive LHR 7:05 am, tube to Kings Cross Station
• Drop bags off at hotel (across from Kings Cross)
• Sir John Soane’s Museum (walk 1.2 miles from hotel)
• (?) Lunch: reccos
• City of London Museum, 150 London Wall (walk 1.1 miles from John Soanes)
• Visit The Old Bailey (.5 miles from City of London Museum; time/energy permitting)
• (?) Dinner: reccos
Day 2 - Early night due to painfully early train on Day 3
• (?) B’fast:
• Chiswick House
• Kew Gardens
• (?) Dinner:
• Bed early for early departure
Day 3-8: not in London
• Arr London 4:32 p.m./16:32; check-in to Bankside location hotel
• (?) Monday Night: Theater or Neighborhood dinner? (Posting question in separate topic re: neighborhoods)
• B’fast at The Wolseley Café
• The Royal Institute (new for me)
• Walk south end Hyde Park to…
• Science Museum (new for me)
• V&A (recently visited; only 1-2 galleries)
• (?) Lunch:
• Quick tour (possible?) of Royal Geographical Society/Lowther Lodge
• (?) Dinner
Day 11: TBD
Day 12: Departure Day
• Hotel is near Tate Modern
• (?) B’fast
• 9:30ish; Walk (1.4 miles) to Garden Museum, 5 Lambeth Palace Rd (South Bank of Thames)
• Lunch at Borough Market (?) or near Blackfriar’s tube stop (?)
• 12:30-1 pm: Travel to LHR; London Blackfriar’s tube (District line ) to Acton (transfer to Piccadilly line to LHR)
• Dep LHR 515 pm/1715
Any red flags?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 5 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 6 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 7 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 8 Andalucia itinerary help
- 9 Cornwall Advice
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Nafplio to Hydra
- 14 Via del Sale, Italy
- 15 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 22 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 23 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 24 "Never Mind"
- 25 Connecting flight time in Europe
Hi, London Fodorites.