Hi, London Fodorites.
For the London portion of my trip to England, would love for the locals to give a look-see and possibly offer reccos/tips for me--interested in 19th century London and historical botanical exploration (as you'll see in my itinerary).
Question marks for dining: solo traveler, casual, vegetarian, all cuisines, price flexible, but at first blush, perhaps max.15 GBP for b'fast/lunch; max 25 GBP dinner. Atmosphere=bright + people-watching opps especially welcome.
Day 1 - My Travel Day
• arrive LHR 7:05 am, tube to Kings Cross Station
• Drop bags off at hotel (across from Kings Cross)
• Sir John Soane’s Museum (walk 1.2 miles from hotel)
• (?) Lunch: reccos
• City of London Museum, 150 London Wall (walk 1.1 miles from John Soanes)
• Visit The Old Bailey (.5 miles from City of London Museum; time/energy permitting)
• (?) Dinner: reccos
Day 2 - Early night due to painfully early train on Day 3
• (?) B’fast:
• Chiswick House
• Kew Gardens
• (?) Dinner:
• Bed early for early departure
Day 3-8: not in London
• Arr London 4:32 p.m./16:32; check-in to Bankside location hotel
• (?) Monday Night: Theater or Neighborhood dinner? (Posting question in separate topic re: neighborhoods)
• B’fast at The Wolseley Café
• The Royal Institute (new for me)
• Walk south end Hyde Park to…
• Science Museum (new for me)
• V&A (recently visited; only 1-2 galleries)
• (?) Lunch:
• Quick tour (possible?) of Royal Geographical Society/Lowther Lodge
• (?) Dinner
Day 11: TBD
Day 12: Departure Day
• Hotel is near Tate Modern
• (?) B’fast
• 9:30ish; Walk (1.4 miles) to Garden Museum, 5 Lambeth Palace Rd (South Bank of Thames)
• Lunch at Borough Market (?) or near Blackfriar’s tube stop (?)
• 12:30-1 pm: Travel to LHR; London Blackfriar’s tube (District line ) to Acton (transfer to Piccadilly line to LHR)
• Dep LHR 515 pm/1715
Any red flags?
Many thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인바카라【KBK99.ＣoＭ】사이판카지노
- 2 라이브슬롯머신【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 3 My Topic Title신개념바카라룰【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 4 슈퍼카지노【KBK99.ＣoＭ】베팅바카라
- 5 블랙잭필승법【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 6 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 Bus Strike
- 9 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 10 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 11 London best location
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 Restaurant ideas for 50th in Sorrento
- 14 Train up the Jungfrau
- 15 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 18 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 19 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 20 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 21 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 22 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 23 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 24 Paris doctor house calls
- 25 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
Hi, London Fodorites.