Starting to make a ROUGH itinerary for our 30 day trip to Europe throughouut September / October this year. This is our first big trip together and I'm feeling a little stressed about working out itineraries for 7 stops... EEEK!
A little background; We are a couple in our early twenties, not overly interested in art or museums. Just want to experience the city and culture. I plan on buying the paper train tickets for the 2for1 vouchers, making use of the trains/buses but also walking to experience the city.
Any contribution or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am only a rookie! I want to ensure I haven't got the days too tightly booked and that they are logistically planned.
We are staying at the Strand Palace Hotel. Breakfast is not included in the hotel so will be had at local cafes with the plan to be out of the room by 8:30 / 9am daily.
Day 1: Friday 6th September - Arrive at Heathrow from Brisbane, Australia at 5:30PM. Still deciding whether to catch a train to the hotel and walk (two suitcases) or pay for a car / shuttle. Get to hotel and out to have dinner locally by around 8 - 8:30PM. Bed.
Day 2: Saturday 7th September
-Houses of Parliament and Big Ben (look)
-Westminster Abbey tour at 10:30am (out at 12:00PM)
-Lunch somewhere along the way?
-10 Downing Street (walk by)
-Buckingham palace (State rooms tour - 2 hours)
-Walk back through St James Park and Trafalgar Square to the hotel
-Relax/Refresh back at hotel
-Dinner in Convent Garden?
Day 3: Sunday 8th September (My birthday! YAY!)
-Natural History Museum (2.5 hours)
-Harrods, inc lunch
-Sea Life Aquarium (2for1 voucher)
-London Eye (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
-Walk through Picadilly Circus and find dinner
Day 4: Monday 9th September
-St Pauls Cathedral (walk by)
-10:00am Tower of London (60 minute Yeoman Warder tour) (2for1 voucher)
-Walk over Tower Bridge
-HMS Belfast (2 hours) (2for1 voucher)
-Thames cruise "City Cruises" (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
Day 5: Tuesday 10th September - Morning will be spent ticking off little things we have missed or want to go back to. Eurostar train to Paris leaves at 12:30PM.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 2 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 3 Norway and Netherlands
- 4 Norway in the nutshell
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 7 When you are worry about the graduate, you can come to here and buy one
- 8 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 9 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 10 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 11 A opportunity to get a diploma if you like
- 12 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 13 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 14 4 days trip to Barcelona
- 15 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 16 How do we get to Premier Inn in Putney from St Pancras?
- 17 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 18 Madrid Airport
- 19 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 20 Provence Planning Help
- 21 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 22 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 23 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 24 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 25 Baggage Storage Zurich