Starting to make a ROUGH itinerary for our 30 day trip to Europe throughouut September / October this year. This is our first big trip together and I'm feeling a little stressed about working out itineraries for 7 stops... EEEK!
A little background; We are a couple in our early twenties, not overly interested in art or museums. Just want to experience the city and culture. I plan on buying the paper train tickets for the 2for1 vouchers, making use of the trains/buses but also walking to experience the city.
Any contribution or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am only a rookie! I want to ensure I haven't got the days too tightly booked and that they are logistically planned.
We are staying at the Strand Palace Hotel. Breakfast is not included in the hotel so will be had at local cafes with the plan to be out of the room by 8:30 / 9am daily.
Day 1: Friday 6th September - Arrive at Heathrow from Brisbane, Australia at 5:30PM. Still deciding whether to catch a train to the hotel and walk (two suitcases) or pay for a car / shuttle. Get to hotel and out to have dinner locally by around 8 - 8:30PM. Bed.
Day 2: Saturday 7th September
-Houses of Parliament and Big Ben (look)
-Westminster Abbey tour at 10:30am (out at 12:00PM)
-Lunch somewhere along the way?
-10 Downing Street (walk by)
-Buckingham palace (State rooms tour - 2 hours)
-Walk back through St James Park and Trafalgar Square to the hotel
-Relax/Refresh back at hotel
-Dinner in Convent Garden?
Day 3: Sunday 8th September (My birthday! YAY!)
-Natural History Museum (2.5 hours)
-Harrods, inc lunch
-Sea Life Aquarium (2for1 voucher)
-London Eye (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
-Walk through Picadilly Circus and find dinner
Day 4: Monday 9th September
-St Pauls Cathedral (walk by)
-10:00am Tower of London (60 minute Yeoman Warder tour) (2for1 voucher)
-Walk over Tower Bridge
-HMS Belfast (2 hours) (2for1 voucher)
-Thames cruise "City Cruises" (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
Day 5: Tuesday 10th September - Morning will be spent ticking off little things we have missed or want to go back to. Eurostar train to Paris leaves at 12:30PM.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 http://supplementsgarden.com/silqueskin-cream-reviews
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 France for a month in 2017
- 5 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 6 All of Spain or something else..?
- 7 Barcelona extension
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 13 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 14 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 15 15 days trip to Europe
- 16 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 17 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 18 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 19 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 20 Vuerling airlines
- 21 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 22 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 23 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 24 RENFE error message during payment
- 25 Provins as a day trip from Paris