Starting to make a ROUGH itinerary for our 30 day trip to Europe throughouut September / October this year. This is our first big trip together and I'm feeling a little stressed about working out itineraries for 7 stops... EEEK!
A little background; We are a couple in our early twenties, not overly interested in art or museums. Just want to experience the city and culture. I plan on buying the paper train tickets for the 2for1 vouchers, making use of the trains/buses but also walking to experience the city.
Any contribution or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am only a rookie! I want to ensure I haven't got the days too tightly booked and that they are logistically planned.
We are staying at the Strand Palace Hotel. Breakfast is not included in the hotel so will be had at local cafes with the plan to be out of the room by 8:30 / 9am daily.
Day 1: Friday 6th September - Arrive at Heathrow from Brisbane, Australia at 5:30PM. Still deciding whether to catch a train to the hotel and walk (two suitcases) or pay for a car / shuttle. Get to hotel and out to have dinner locally by around 8 - 8:30PM. Bed.
Day 2: Saturday 7th September
-Houses of Parliament and Big Ben (look)
-Westminster Abbey tour at 10:30am (out at 12:00PM)
-Lunch somewhere along the way?
-10 Downing Street (walk by)
-Buckingham palace (State rooms tour - 2 hours)
-Walk back through St James Park and Trafalgar Square to the hotel
-Relax/Refresh back at hotel
-Dinner in Convent Garden?
Day 3: Sunday 8th September (My birthday! YAY!)
-Natural History Museum (2.5 hours)
-Harrods, inc lunch
-Sea Life Aquarium (2for1 voucher)
-London Eye (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
-Walk through Picadilly Circus and find dinner
Day 4: Monday 9th September
-St Pauls Cathedral (walk by)
-10:00am Tower of London (60 minute Yeoman Warder tour) (2for1 voucher)
-Walk over Tower Bridge
-HMS Belfast (2 hours) (2for1 voucher)
-Thames cruise "City Cruises" (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
Day 5: Tuesday 10th September - Morning will be spent ticking off little things we have missed or want to go back to. Eurostar train to Paris leaves at 12:30PM.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 3 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 What one thing in Paris?
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 10 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 11 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 18 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 19 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 20 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 21 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 22 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 23 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 24 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 25 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015