Starting to make a ROUGH itinerary for our 30 day trip to Europe throughouut September / October this year. This is our first big trip together and I'm feeling a little stressed about working out itineraries for 7 stops... EEEK!
A little background; We are a couple in our early twenties, not overly interested in art or museums. Just want to experience the city and culture. I plan on buying the paper train tickets for the 2for1 vouchers, making use of the trains/buses but also walking to experience the city.
Any contribution or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am only a rookie! I want to ensure I haven't got the days too tightly booked and that they are logistically planned.
We are staying at the Strand Palace Hotel. Breakfast is not included in the hotel so will be had at local cafes with the plan to be out of the room by 8:30 / 9am daily.
Day 1: Friday 6th September - Arrive at Heathrow from Brisbane, Australia at 5:30PM. Still deciding whether to catch a train to the hotel and walk (two suitcases) or pay for a car / shuttle. Get to hotel and out to have dinner locally by around 8 - 8:30PM. Bed.
Day 2: Saturday 7th September
-Houses of Parliament and Big Ben (look)
-Westminster Abbey tour at 10:30am (out at 12:00PM)
-Lunch somewhere along the way?
-10 Downing Street (walk by)
-Buckingham palace (State rooms tour - 2 hours)
-Walk back through St James Park and Trafalgar Square to the hotel
-Relax/Refresh back at hotel
-Dinner in Convent Garden?
Day 3: Sunday 8th September (My birthday! YAY!)
-Natural History Museum (2.5 hours)
-Harrods, inc lunch
-Sea Life Aquarium (2for1 voucher)
-London Eye (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
-Walk through Picadilly Circus and find dinner
Day 4: Monday 9th September
-St Pauls Cathedral (walk by)
-10:00am Tower of London (60 minute Yeoman Warder tour) (2for1 voucher)
-Walk over Tower Bridge
-HMS Belfast (2 hours) (2for1 voucher)
-Thames cruise "City Cruises" (2for1 voucher)
-Relax/Refresh at hotel
Day 5: Tuesday 10th September - Morning will be spent ticking off little things we have missed or want to go back to. Eurostar train to Paris leaves at 12:30PM.
Thank you so much in advance.
London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 2 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 3 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 4 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 5 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 6 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 7 Latest Itinerary
- 8 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Honeymoon Decision?
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 13 Traveling to Sorrento Italy and surroundings
- 14 Two Month Europe Trip
- 15 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 16 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 17 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 18 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 19 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 20 Capital One credit card car and personal insurance question?
- 21 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 22 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 23 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 24 Romanic overnight in Girona
- 25 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)