I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 2 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 8 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 9 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 10 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 17 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 18 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 19 Is my plan ok
- 20 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 5 Observations About Paris
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 Southern Spain