I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Carbohydrate element is a varied mixture of carbohydrates
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 Belgium advice
- 7 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 8 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 9 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 10 Amalfi or Positano
- 11 Party venues North London
- 12 Rome to Positano
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 18 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 19 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 20 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 21 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 22 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 23 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?