I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 Days in Europe
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 4 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 5 Andalucia in December
- 6 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 7 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 8 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 9 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 10 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 11 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 14 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 15 4 days in switzerland
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Basque country ideas
- 18 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 19 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 20 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 21 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 22 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 23 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?