I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 4 Halloween in Paris
- 5 Weekend in Norfolk
- 6 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 7 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 8 Cotswold Churches
- 9 chrismas in rome
- 10 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 11 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 13 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 14 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 I dream of Europe
- 17 My notes on Greece 101
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 21 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 22 how long in Malta?
- 23 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 24 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris