I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Albania for Beginners
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 16 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 17 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 18 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 19 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 20 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 21 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Istanbul hotels
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 2 Week European Itinerary