I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 2 Acorn TV
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 7 Petrol in Greece
- 8 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 9 We're here!
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 6-7 Days in France
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 5 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 Bremerhaven and environs
- 23 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Van Gogh Museum advice
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?