I've been to London several times (to visit family) and have already seen much there is to see myself, but now I'm taking my husband's family over to visit and have come up with a list of places I think they would personally enjoy or "must see". I'm just having trouble condensing it all into 3 days and would appreciate any input. This is likely to be the only time they ever leave the U.S., so I'm trying to make it memorable!
We'll be there soon, landing around 6:30 am on May 12 and leaving to go to the countryside on the morning of the 15th. Planning on dropping off the luggage that Sunday morning and heading out, despite the fact we'll probably be in a sleepy haze.
So here's the list:
-Buckingham Palace, Changing of the guards
-Trafalgar Square, National Gallery
-Big Ben, Houses of Parliament
-Kew Gardens (it would be simpler if I cut this, but it's mother-in-law's only request)
-Tower of London and stop by St. Paul's Cathedral
-See a show-- Phantom of the Opera?
-Oxford street shopping
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 3 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 7 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 8 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 9 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 12 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 13 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 14 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 15 Croatian islands
- 16 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 17 Walking GPS?
- 18 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 19 Glasgow to Rosslyn Chapel-what to see?
- 20 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 21 Florence airport costumes
- 22 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 23 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 24 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 25 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
London itenerary-- Possible to see all my must-sees in just 3 days?