we have been to London in the past and prefer to stay within farily easy walking distance of at least some of the theatres. The whole National complex we realize is "across the river" and that's OK
In the most recent past we have either rented a flat in Covent Garden (with mixed results) or stayed in the Covent Garden Hotel (CGH) which we like. The CGH is not cheap and they rarely seem to have any sort of breakfast-included rate (for the prices they charge you'd think they would, but no; and no, we don't mind going elsewhere for breakfast if it seems worthwhile).
We are probably gonna do the London (and Scotland) thing next year so I'm starting to contemplate a possible alternative hotel. I've read the TripAdvisor reviews (with the usual degree of objectivity required) and of course have heard about the small rooms, the dated furnishings, the "boring bar" as well as the accolades from those who have decided a place is worth it because, to quote one, "Well, it IS the Savoy after all."
We are not against taxis; we are not against The Tube; we are not against being somwhere there are tourists.
Perhaps this whole thing will end up being academic or rhetorical but if anyone has any suggestions/thoughts then I'm all ears and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy travel plan help
- 2 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 7 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 14 Poland to Austria In December
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Wales
- 17 Paris in early august
- 18 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
London Hotel Walking Distance to Theatres-Suggestions Appreciated