we have been to London in the past and prefer to stay within farily easy walking distance of at least some of the theatres. The whole National complex we realize is "across the river" and that's OK
In the most recent past we have either rented a flat in Covent Garden (with mixed results) or stayed in the Covent Garden Hotel (CGH) which we like. The CGH is not cheap and they rarely seem to have any sort of breakfast-included rate (for the prices they charge you'd think they would, but no; and no, we don't mind going elsewhere for breakfast if it seems worthwhile).
We are probably gonna do the London (and Scotland) thing next year so I'm starting to contemplate a possible alternative hotel. I've read the TripAdvisor reviews (with the usual degree of objectivity required) and of course have heard about the small rooms, the dated furnishings, the "boring bar" as well as the accolades from those who have decided a place is worth it because, to quote one, "Well, it IS the Savoy after all."
We are not against taxis; we are not against The Tube; we are not against being somwhere there are tourists.
Perhaps this whole thing will end up being academic or rhetorical but if anyone has any suggestions/thoughts then I'm all ears and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
London Hotel Walking Distance to Theatres-Suggestions Appreciated