we have been to London in the past and prefer to stay within farily easy walking distance of at least some of the theatres. The whole National complex we realize is "across the river" and that's OK
In the most recent past we have either rented a flat in Covent Garden (with mixed results) or stayed in the Covent Garden Hotel (CGH) which we like. The CGH is not cheap and they rarely seem to have any sort of breakfast-included rate (for the prices they charge you'd think they would, but no; and no, we don't mind going elsewhere for breakfast if it seems worthwhile).
We are probably gonna do the London (and Scotland) thing next year so I'm starting to contemplate a possible alternative hotel. I've read the TripAdvisor reviews (with the usual degree of objectivity required) and of course have heard about the small rooms, the dated furnishings, the "boring bar" as well as the accolades from those who have decided a place is worth it because, to quote one, "Well, it IS the Savoy after all."
We are not against taxis; we are not against The Tube; we are not against being somwhere there are tourists.
Perhaps this whole thing will end up being academic or rhetorical but if anyone has any suggestions/thoughts then I'm all ears and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
London Hotel Walking Distance to Theatres-Suggestions Appreciated