I'm looking to stay in London several days late July. I hear Soho is a very lively neighborhood and convenient to many sites, but I don't know much about Mayfair, Bloomsbury, or other West End neighborhoods. I'm looking for a hotel that is more traditional than trendy, might even have a library where I can read and write, and be close to a lively area without being in the center of it. I like hotels with a very local feel, too, which is why I generally don't select five star hotels because I enjoy the friendliness of smaller establishments. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations for hotels and key sites to visit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Sicily
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 6 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 7 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 8 Hotel in Vienna
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 Car rental from Barcelona
- 12 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Itinerary Tweaking
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!