I'm looking to stay in London several days late July. I hear Soho is a very lively neighborhood and convenient to many sites, but I don't know much about Mayfair, Bloomsbury, or other West End neighborhoods. I'm looking for a hotel that is more traditional than trendy, might even have a library where I can read and write, and be close to a lively area without being in the center of it. I like hotels with a very local feel, too, which is why I generally don't select five star hotels because I enjoy the friendliness of smaller establishments. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations for hotels and key sites to visit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Brugge hotel help
- 16 Luggage Storage
- 17 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition