What is it like going through Customs at London Heathrow Airport? I will be in London in a few weeks on a 15 hour layover - I'll be staying at the Yotel (Terminal 4?) overnight.
I am flying in on Virgin Atlantic from Los Angeles to London Heathrow, and then taking Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) from London to Oslo, Norway.
A few questions:
1). How long does it take to generally clear Customs? What is entailed in the process?
2). Will my checked luggage be transferred to the SAS flight, or will I have to pick it up at the baggage terminal, and if so, will it still be there after I clear Customs (if Customs takes a long time?)
I apologize for my potentially trivial questions - this is all very new to me.
Thank you in advance,
London Heathrow Customs Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 2 Olive Oil
- 3 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 4 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 5 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 10 french riviera
- 11 Where to visit prior to Norway/Iceland trip?
- 12 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 13 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 14 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 17 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 18 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 19 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 20 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 21 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 22 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 23 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 24 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 25 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?