What is it like going through Customs at London Heathrow Airport? I will be in London in a few weeks on a 15 hour layover - I'll be staying at the Yotel (Terminal 4?) overnight.
I am flying in on Virgin Atlantic from Los Angeles to London Heathrow, and then taking Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) from London to Oslo, Norway.
A few questions:
1). How long does it take to generally clear Customs? What is entailed in the process?
2). Will my checked luggage be transferred to the SAS flight, or will I have to pick it up at the baggage terminal, and if so, will it still be there after I clear Customs (if Customs takes a long time?)
I apologize for my potentially trivial questions - this is all very new to me.
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 2 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 3 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 4 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Holland Itinerary
- 7 Iceland Trip Report
- 8 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 9 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 10 Rome Airport Question!
- 11 Portugal Walking Tour
- 12 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 13 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 14 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 15 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 16 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 17 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 18 I forgot my international driver permit
- 19 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 20 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 21 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 22 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 23 Prague old town
- 24 Ordering in a Deli
- 25 Trip report part 2 Naxos