What is it like going through Customs at London Heathrow Airport? I will be in London in a few weeks on a 15 hour layover - I'll be staying at the Yotel (Terminal 4?) overnight.
I am flying in on Virgin Atlantic from Los Angeles to London Heathrow, and then taking Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) from London to Oslo, Norway.
A few questions:
1). How long does it take to generally clear Customs? What is entailed in the process?
2). Will my checked luggage be transferred to the SAS flight, or will I have to pick it up at the baggage terminal, and if so, will it still be there after I clear Customs (if Customs takes a long time?)
I apologize for my potentially trivial questions - this is all very new to me.
Thank you in advance,
London Heathrow Customs Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 2 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 7 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 8 best time to book accommodation
- 9 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 10 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 11 Stay near Paris
- 12 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 Sicily - not a trip report
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Chip but no PIN
- 17 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 18 Questions for my German friends
- 19 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 20 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 23 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 24 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 25 What to wear