What is it like going through Customs at London Heathrow Airport? I will be in London in a few weeks on a 15 hour layover - I'll be staying at the Yotel (Terminal 4?) overnight.
I am flying in on Virgin Atlantic from Los Angeles to London Heathrow, and then taking Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) from London to Oslo, Norway.
A few questions:
1). How long does it take to generally clear Customs? What is entailed in the process?
2). Will my checked luggage be transferred to the SAS flight, or will I have to pick it up at the baggage terminal, and if so, will it still be there after I clear Customs (if Customs takes a long time?)
I apologize for my potentially trivial questions - this is all very new to me.
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 2 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 3 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 4 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 5 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 6 Rental car return in Nice
- 7 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 8 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Naples
- 12 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 15 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 16 French open 2017
- 17 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 18 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 19 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 20 Best Way to Get Two Single Day-Grounds, French Open (tennis) Tickets?
- 21 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 22 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 25 Como or Bellagio