anyone who has been in London outside the touristed center at all will have been surprised to see foxes lurking about - even in broad daylight - I see them often in scrub brush along rail lines - I even saw an Albino fox once when camping at Sidcup (Mudcup as we called the camping place there!).
And once in a B&B in Eltham in a yard that backed up to an Overground rail line I regularly saw a fox lazing about in the back yard.
I mentioned that once to the landlady who said "Oh that's my pet fox" - she explained she went to the nearby Butcher's reguarly for some fresh meat for her pet.
I said I thought foxes could be harmful to say small pets and she poohpoohed that sayindd "It's people you should be worried about not foxes" - to which I nodded in total agreement!
She said she had a pet cat that regularly sunned itself on the roof of a small tool shed with the fox laying around just below it - never thinking about the cat (well as long as the vermin was regularly fed by the old lady anyway - she said she knew several folks who fed foxes.
Well apparently not everyone in London or Britain is so fox-friendly and there are not snipers being hired to cull what many folk feel are too many foxes running amok, with reports of attacks on pets and even on rare occasions a child.
Yet the lobby to keep foxes is strong apparently and there are even groups that nurse injured foxes back together to reintroduce them to their London habitat.
Though the British House of Common passes a fox huntring ban some years ago apparently this type of vagrant vermin thinning is allowed - it's formal fox hunts with horses and hounds that were banned.
Anyway in London keep your eyes peeled to see one of thousands of London foxes foxing around!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 2 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 3 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 4 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 Rome to venice
- 7 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 8 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Areas in Milan
- 15 Melia Colbert Paris
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Help please
- 20 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 21 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 22 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?