anyone who has been in London outside the touristed center at all will have been surprised to see foxes lurking about - even in broad daylight - I see them often in scrub brush along rail lines - I even saw an Albino fox once when camping at Sidcup (Mudcup as we called the camping place there!).
And once in a B&B in Eltham in a yard that backed up to an Overground rail line I regularly saw a fox lazing about in the back yard.
I mentioned that once to the landlady who said "Oh that's my pet fox" - she explained she went to the nearby Butcher's reguarly for some fresh meat for her pet.
I said I thought foxes could be harmful to say small pets and she poohpoohed that sayindd "It's people you should be worried about not foxes" - to which I nodded in total agreement!
She said she had a pet cat that regularly sunned itself on the roof of a small tool shed with the fox laying around just below it - never thinking about the cat (well as long as the vermin was regularly fed by the old lady anyway - she said she knew several folks who fed foxes.
Well apparently not everyone in London or Britain is so fox-friendly and there are not snipers being hired to cull what many folk feel are too many foxes running amok, with reports of attacks on pets and even on rare occasions a child.
Yet the lobby to keep foxes is strong apparently and there are even groups that nurse injured foxes back together to reintroduce them to their London habitat.
Though the British House of Common passes a fox huntring ban some years ago apparently this type of vagrant vermin thinning is allowed - it's formal fox hunts with horses and hounds that were banned.
Anyway in London keep your eyes peeled to see one of thousands of London foxes foxing around!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 F1카지노Ω【RAM300.COM】Ω 카지노 블랙잭
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Ludwig Castles
- 4 Le Marche, Italy
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 7 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report