anyone who has been in London outside the touristed center at all will have been surprised to see foxes lurking about - even in broad daylight - I see them often in scrub brush along rail lines - I even saw an Albino fox once when camping at Sidcup (Mudcup as we called the camping place there!).
And once in a B&B in Eltham in a yard that backed up to an Overground rail line I regularly saw a fox lazing about in the back yard.
I mentioned that once to the landlady who said "Oh that's my pet fox" - she explained she went to the nearby Butcher's reguarly for some fresh meat for her pet.
I said I thought foxes could be harmful to say small pets and she poohpoohed that sayindd "It's people you should be worried about not foxes" - to which I nodded in total agreement!
She said she had a pet cat that regularly sunned itself on the roof of a small tool shed with the fox laying around just below it - never thinking about the cat (well as long as the vermin was regularly fed by the old lady anyway - she said she knew several folks who fed foxes.
Well apparently not everyone in London or Britain is so fox-friendly and there are not snipers being hired to cull what many folk feel are too many foxes running amok, with reports of attacks on pets and even on rare occasions a child.
Yet the lobby to keep foxes is strong apparently and there are even groups that nurse injured foxes back together to reintroduce them to their London habitat.
Though the British House of Common passes a fox huntring ban some years ago apparently this type of vagrant vermin thinning is allowed - it's formal fox hunts with horses and hounds that were banned.
Anyway in London keep your eyes peeled to see one of thousands of London foxes foxing around!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 road trip through scotland
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 9 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Alsace to Austria?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 22 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 23 barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 25 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track