anyone who has been in London outside the touristed center at all will have been surprised to see foxes lurking about - even in broad daylight - I see them often in scrub brush along rail lines - I even saw an Albino fox once when camping at Sidcup (Mudcup as we called the camping place there!).
And once in a B&B in Eltham in a yard that backed up to an Overground rail line I regularly saw a fox lazing about in the back yard.
I mentioned that once to the landlady who said "Oh that's my pet fox" - she explained she went to the nearby Butcher's reguarly for some fresh meat for her pet.
I said I thought foxes could be harmful to say small pets and she poohpoohed that sayindd "It's people you should be worried about not foxes" - to which I nodded in total agreement!
She said she had a pet cat that regularly sunned itself on the roof of a small tool shed with the fox laying around just below it - never thinking about the cat (well as long as the vermin was regularly fed by the old lady anyway - she said she knew several folks who fed foxes.
Well apparently not everyone in London or Britain is so fox-friendly and there are not snipers being hired to cull what many folk feel are too many foxes running amok, with reports of attacks on pets and even on rare occasions a child.
Yet the lobby to keep foxes is strong apparently and there are even groups that nurse injured foxes back together to reintroduce them to their London habitat.
Though the British House of Common passes a fox huntring ban some years ago apparently this type of vagrant vermin thinning is allowed - it's formal fox hunts with horses and hounds that were banned.
Anyway in London keep your eyes peeled to see one of thousands of London foxes foxing around!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 2 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 3 Milan or Turin
- 4 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 9 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 God Save the Queen?
- 18 Road trip with our dog
- 19 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 20 9 Days in Spain
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Italy Car Scam