I'm planning a trip for my husband and me to London, Edinburgh, and Paris from April 17th - May 3rd. I've listed our plan below.
April 18th - Arrive in London around lunch, get settled, and do a little sightseeing
April 19 - April 23rd - Sightseeing in London. We'd like to take one day trip to Bath. Take
the overnight train from London to Edinburgh.
April 24th - 28th Edinburgh sightseeing and a 3 day tour of the Highlands
April 29th - Fly to Paris in the morning and do a little sightseeing in the afternoon
April 30th - May 2nd - Paris sightseeing
May 2nd - take Eurostar back to London that night
May 3rd - Fly home from London in the morning
I was hoping for some feedback about whether this seems like a reasonable schedule. I realize the ideal situation would be to fly open jaw, but I used miles to purchase one of our tickets which required flying into/out of London. I'm trying to pin down our schedule so that I can purchase the rest of our transportation tickets.
I'm also looking for lodging suggestions for those locations. Our budget is approximately 100 -125 dollars per night. We're looking at the Edinburgh City Hotel but don't have any ideas for London or Paris yet.
Oh, here are a couple of final thoughts about us. Based on reading this thread for some time, I understand that this might be a lot for some, but we both enjoy fast paced vacations. We like a mix of nature, history, architecture, and really good food. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to reading and answering responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 6 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Can parking
- 23 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 VAT refund transferring through CDG