I'm planning a trip for my husband and me to London, Edinburgh, and Paris from April 17th - May 3rd. I've listed our plan below.
April 18th - Arrive in London around lunch, get settled, and do a little sightseeing
April 19 - April 23rd - Sightseeing in London. We'd like to take one day trip to Bath. Take
the overnight train from London to Edinburgh.
April 24th - 28th Edinburgh sightseeing and a 3 day tour of the Highlands
April 29th - Fly to Paris in the morning and do a little sightseeing in the afternoon
April 30th - May 2nd - Paris sightseeing
May 2nd - take Eurostar back to London that night
May 3rd - Fly home from London in the morning
I was hoping for some feedback about whether this seems like a reasonable schedule. I realize the ideal situation would be to fly open jaw, but I used miles to purchase one of our tickets which required flying into/out of London. I'm trying to pin down our schedule so that I can purchase the rest of our transportation tickets.
I'm also looking for lodging suggestions for those locations. Our budget is approximately 100 -125 dollars per night. We're looking at the Edinburgh City Hotel but don't have any ideas for London or Paris yet.
Oh, here are a couple of final thoughts about us. Based on reading this thread for some time, I understand that this might be a lot for some, but we both enjoy fast paced vacations. We like a mix of nature, history, architecture, and really good food. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to reading and answering responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Budapest in December 2017
- 4 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 5 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 6 Korean Messages
- 7 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 6-7 Days in France
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Getting to Bolivia
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins