I'm planning a trip for my husband and me to London, Edinburgh, and Paris from April 17th - May 3rd. I've listed our plan below.
April 18th - Arrive in London around lunch, get settled, and do a little sightseeing
April 19 - April 23rd - Sightseeing in London. We'd like to take one day trip to Bath. Take
the overnight train from London to Edinburgh.
April 24th - 28th Edinburgh sightseeing and a 3 day tour of the Highlands
April 29th - Fly to Paris in the morning and do a little sightseeing in the afternoon
April 30th - May 2nd - Paris sightseeing
May 2nd - take Eurostar back to London that night
May 3rd - Fly home from London in the morning
I was hoping for some feedback about whether this seems like a reasonable schedule. I realize the ideal situation would be to fly open jaw, but I used miles to purchase one of our tickets which required flying into/out of London. I'm trying to pin down our schedule so that I can purchase the rest of our transportation tickets.
I'm also looking for lodging suggestions for those locations. Our budget is approximately 100 -125 dollars per night. We're looking at the Edinburgh City Hotel but don't have any ideas for London or Paris yet.
Oh, here are a couple of final thoughts about us. Based on reading this thread for some time, I understand that this might be a lot for some, but we both enjoy fast paced vacations. We like a mix of nature, history, architecture, and really good food. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to reading and answering responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 4 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 7 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 8 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 9 restaurants in Marais district
- 10 France & Italy, May or June
- 11 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 12 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 13 Engadine Valley help
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 17 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 18 Honeymoon in Greece
- 19 Italy for Christmas Week
- 20 A Month stay in Southern France
- 21 Shoes in Scotland
- 22 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 23 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 24 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 25 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?