I'm planning a trip for my husband and me to London, Edinburgh, and Paris from April 17th - May 3rd. I've listed our plan below.
April 18th - Arrive in London around lunch, get settled, and do a little sightseeing
April 19 - April 23rd - Sightseeing in London. We'd like to take one day trip to Bath. Take
the overnight train from London to Edinburgh.
April 24th - 28th Edinburgh sightseeing and a 3 day tour of the Highlands
April 29th - Fly to Paris in the morning and do a little sightseeing in the afternoon
April 30th - May 2nd - Paris sightseeing
May 2nd - take Eurostar back to London that night
May 3rd - Fly home from London in the morning
I was hoping for some feedback about whether this seems like a reasonable schedule. I realize the ideal situation would be to fly open jaw, but I used miles to purchase one of our tickets which required flying into/out of London. I'm trying to pin down our schedule so that I can purchase the rest of our transportation tickets.
I'm also looking for lodging suggestions for those locations. Our budget is approximately 100 -125 dollars per night. We're looking at the Edinburgh City Hotel but don't have any ideas for London or Paris yet.
Oh, here are a couple of final thoughts about us. Based on reading this thread for some time, I understand that this might be a lot for some, but we both enjoy fast paced vacations. We like a mix of nature, history, architecture, and really good food. I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to reading and answering responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 3 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Imbros Gorge
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October