Can you believe that the Charles Dickens Museum on Doughty Street is closing for repairs from April – December 2012 during the Bicentennial Year of the author’s birth?
Director Florian Schweizer says, “maybe it’s not such a bad moment to do the renovations.”
“While in any other year our closure might have been a problem we feel quite confidently that we’ve created such a strong program of events in and around London and around the country that for that short period the public probably won’t miss us too much.”
Dickens’ lovers including his many descendants are understandably irate. Comments?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 황금성 온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생중계바카라⊂바카라사이트추천
- 3 중국카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트×안전공원
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Scotland itinerary help
- 19 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 20 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit
London: Dickens Museum closed for repairs in centennial year? Oh, no!