Can you believe that the Charles Dickens Museum on Doughty Street is closing for repairs from April – December 2012 during the Bicentennial Year of the author’s birth?
Director Florian Schweizer says, “maybe it’s not such a bad moment to do the renovations.”
“While in any other year our closure might have been a problem we feel quite confidently that we’ve created such a strong program of events in and around London and around the country that for that short period the public probably won’t miss us too much.”
Dickens’ lovers including his many descendants are understandably irate. Comments?
London: Dickens Museum closed for repairs in centennial year? Oh, no!
- 1 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Istanbul hotels
- 4 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 7 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 16 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 17 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 20 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 23 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich