Can you believe that the Charles Dickens Museum on Doughty Street is closing for repairs from April – December 2012 during the Bicentennial Year of the author’s birth?
Director Florian Schweizer says, “maybe it’s not such a bad moment to do the renovations.”
“While in any other year our closure might have been a problem we feel quite confidently that we’ve created such a strong program of events in and around London and around the country that for that short period the public probably won’t miss us too much.”
Dickens’ lovers including his many descendants are understandably irate. Comments?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE 1:800-681-7208 Installation :MCAFEE tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 Krakow
- 3 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 4 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 8 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 9 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 12 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 13 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 14 Russia in two weeks in December
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Norway Honeymoon
- 18 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 19 Schengen Rule
- 20 Quizz !
- 21 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 24 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
London: Dickens Museum closed for repairs in centennial year? Oh, no!