Can you believe that the Charles Dickens Museum on Doughty Street is closing for repairs from April – December 2012 during the Bicentennial Year of the author’s birth?
Director Florian Schweizer says, “maybe it’s not such a bad moment to do the renovations.”
“While in any other year our closure might have been a problem we feel quite confidently that we’ve created such a strong program of events in and around London and around the country that for that short period the public probably won’t miss us too much.”
Dickens’ lovers including his many descendants are understandably irate. Comments?
London: Dickens Museum closed for repairs in centennial year? Oh, no!
- 1 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 2 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 3 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 4 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 5 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 6 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 7 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 8 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 9 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 10 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 11 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 12 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 13 Germany with 6 month old.
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 16 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 17 Time in Strasbourg?
- 18 Germany and Italy
- 19 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 20 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 21 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 22 Free/cheap things to do in London
- 23 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 24 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 25 Dolomites Drives