Can you believe that the Charles Dickens Museum on Doughty Street is closing for repairs from April – December 2012 during the Bicentennial Year of the author’s birth?
Director Florian Schweizer says, “maybe it’s not such a bad moment to do the renovations.”
“While in any other year our closure might have been a problem we feel quite confidently that we’ve created such a strong program of events in and around London and around the country that for that short period the public probably won’t miss us too much.”
Dickens’ lovers including his many descendants are understandably irate. Comments?
London: Dickens Museum closed for repairs in centennial year? Oh, no!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 4 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 5 Italy Countryside
- 6 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 7 VISA question
- 8 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 9 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 10 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 11 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 14 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 15 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 16 France,Spain,Italy
- 17 Scotland November 2015
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Schengen Visa Rules
- 25 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND