On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eurail Pass - don't waste your money
- 2 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 3 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 Trip report European honeymoon
- 6 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 7 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 8 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 9 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 10 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 14 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 15 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 16 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 17 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 18 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 19 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 20 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 21 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 22 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 23 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 24 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 25 Too much for one day in Munich?