On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
London city apt. to Heathrow transfer questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 5 Observations About Paris
- 10 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 13 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 14 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 20 Scotland November 2015
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 24 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 25 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne