On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
London city apt. to Heathrow transfer questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 2 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 3 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 4 Paris info required
- 5 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 6 Spa in Scotland
- 7 DCC on the increase?
- 8 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 9 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 10 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 11 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 12 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 help and advice
- 17 help on my Portugal Itinerary - 11 days
- 18 Is it a bad time to go?
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 21 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 22 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 23 A First and Fantastic Visit to Istanbul
- 24 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 25 Garmisch