On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 2 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 3 Labor Day in Paris
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 Train up the Jungfrau
- 6 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 7 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 8 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 I may be wrong....
- 12 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 13 Driver"s License & Language
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 17 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 18 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 19 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 20 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 21 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 22 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 23 A visit to Greenwich
- 24 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 25 Spain or South of France in July 2017?