On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
London city apt. to Heathrow transfer questions
- 1 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 2 France by rail or car?
- 3 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 4 Hotels in Sorrento
- 5 Hair cuts in Florence
- 6 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 11 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 12 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 13 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 16 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 17 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 18 How Long For Santorini?
- 19 Best area for wine and which one?
- 20 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 21 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 22 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 23 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 24 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 25 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise