On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
London city apt. to Heathrow transfer questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 3 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 6 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 7 Getting cash in Spain
- 8 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 11 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 12 stop in lisboa or not
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 15 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 16 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 17 Paris Metro Closures??
- 18 Italy things to do?
- 19 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 20 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 21 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 22 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 23 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 24 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 25 A week in the South of France Sept 2014