On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stop along the way
- 2 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 3 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 4 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 5 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 6 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 7 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 8 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 9 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 10 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 13 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 14 Puglia Experiences
- 15 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 16 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 17 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 18 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 19 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 20 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit
- 21 Top Chef Abruzzo! - A Week in an Italian Cooking School (+ Rome)
- 22 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 25 Relaxing destinations?