On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 2 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 3 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 4 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 5 England and Wales by public transport
- 6 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 7 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 12 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 13 Travel vs. Babies
- 14 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 15 Vienna or Budapest?
- 16 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 17 Andalucia in December
- 18 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 19 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 20 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 21 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 22 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 23 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 24 Budapest Hotels
- 25 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris