On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
London city apt. to Heathrow transfer questions
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Gogartys, Dublin
- 7 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 8 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 Medieval Tallinn
- 11 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 13 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 London – five days with two teen boys
- 16 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 15 days in Europe,
- 21 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 22 Can romans help me?
- 23 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 Planning a holiday