On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Italy
- 6 4 Days in Tuscany
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Revised itinerary for italy
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 25 Amalfi Coast help