On feb 1st i am going on a trip from Stocholm, sweden to Rio de Janeiro, brazil and as a part of that there is a transfer in London between London city airport and Heathrow.
Now i have not been on an airplane in almost 20 years, so you can pretty much call me a first time flyer and i have never gone this far before. The thing that has me a bit worried is this transfer. The first flight lands at 09:00 and the connection leaves at 12:00. Thats a mere 3 hours that needs to contain me getting my luggage, getting to heathrow, checking in again and then get on the next flight. I've spoken to BA (both are British airways flights) and they say it's possible but it is the minimum recommended time.
I've checked the transfer guides and it says that using public transport and the heathrow express the trip should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But this means getting all the transfers between the underground, light trains and such, and i'm not so sure about getting that part right.
So my question is this: Does anyone know how long a cab all the way would take, and possibly a ballpark figure what the cost would be? Google maps says a little less than 1 hour, but having never been to London, i have no idea what traffic is like between 09:00 and 12:00 on a wednesday.
So if anyone has any tips or knowledge about this i would very much appreciate the help. And in casy anyone needs to know, the ticket is for stockholm - Rio, so it's not 2 seperate bookings, just a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 3 Les Invalides Night Show
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 limousine services - milan - rome
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 8 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 9 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Camogli and surrounds
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 14 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 15 2 days in Florence
- 16 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 19 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 20 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 23 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 25 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid