today's NY Times has an article on a show running in London at the British Museum thru June 22, 2014 about the Vikings.
The show has sold out every day so if interested and going to London soon make reservations.
Some stereotypes are smashed - Vikings never wore helmets with horns sticking out of them for one.
Anyway even if not going to London the article is interesting reading.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany literature
- 2 quick Rome advice
- 3 Restaurant recommendations - Rome, Florence and Venice!
- 4 What kind of car in Iceland
- 5 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 6 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 7 Dolomiti advice please!
- 8 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 9 First time visit to Italy - family of 4
- 10 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 11 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 12 Itinerary Paris/Provence - please provide thoughts
- 13 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 14 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 15 staying in riomaggiore or portovenere
- 16 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 17 home base in provence
- 18 As a EU citizen, but non-EU resident, can I purchase a vehicle in the EU?
- 19 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 20 Norway in 10 days, please advise
- 21 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
- 22 Fonte Bertusi
- 23 Private guide
- 24 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 25 TSA fails 95% of the time