I am planning my first trip to Europe with my mom (been to Italy, France, and England), and Dad (never been to Europe) around Christmas time. I am going to London and Paris and plan to spend around 12 days total (including travel time), spending Christmas in Paris. Currently, I do not have either the airfare nor the hotels, but I will be buying the airfare (at least the flight over there) by the end of this month. Also, I know the general area of where I will be staying. I just wanted to have this itinerary confirmed by experts before I finalize my plans.
Depart Seattle to London Heathrow airport. Take the tube to nearest station to hotel (plan to stay in Mayfair). Check-in and unpack. Walk to lunch nearby and then go the London Eye. Spend the rest of the day walking around the Thames. No Dinner planned, and return to hotel for the rest of the night.
Early tour of Westminster Abbey, then Afternoon Tea at the Ritz. Then tour the Churchill War Rooms. Dinner at the Golden Hind.
Lunch at Pollen Street Social. Then shopping on Bond Street and Harrods. Dinner at Locanda Locatelli.
Lunch at Gauthier Soho. Visit the National Gallery, then the Tower of London, and lastly the Top of the Shard. Dinner nearby.
Lunch at L'Atelier de Joël Robouchon. Then visit the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum. No planned Dinner.
Taxi to St. Pancras for a train to Paris. Late lunch at Café de Flore. Visit the Église de Saint-Germain des Prés, then Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame. Dinner at La Régalade? Then a river cruise on the seine.
Quick lunch at café. Then shopping at Avenue Montaigne, Boulevard Haussmann and Rue de Faubourg Saint-Honoré. Dinner at Frenchie?
Lunch at Le Jules Verne. Eiffel Tower observation after. Then visit the Palais de Tokyo + maybe the Musée Baccarat? Lastly, visit the Louvre. No Planned Dinner.
Lunch at l'Arpège. Then visit Musée Rodin. Dinner at La Maison du Jardin?
Lunch at l'Astrance. Return to the Louvre and Musée Picasso if it's open. Dinner at Le Chateaubriand or Joséphine Chez Dumonet.
London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 4 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 5 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 6 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 9 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 10 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 11 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Reims for a day
- 14 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 15 I think this is a scam!
- 16 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 19 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 20 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 23 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 24 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 25 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip