I am planning my first trip to Europe with my mom (been to Italy, France, and England), and Dad (never been to Europe) around Christmas time. I am going to London and Paris and plan to spend around 12 days total (including travel time), spending Christmas in Paris. Currently, I do not have either the airfare nor the hotels, but I will be buying the airfare (at least the flight over there) by the end of this month. Also, I know the general area of where I will be staying. I just wanted to have this itinerary confirmed by experts before I finalize my plans.
Depart Seattle to London Heathrow airport. Take the tube to nearest station to hotel (plan to stay in Mayfair). Check-in and unpack. Walk to lunch nearby and then go the London Eye. Spend the rest of the day walking around the Thames. No Dinner planned, and return to hotel for the rest of the night.
Early tour of Westminster Abbey, then Afternoon Tea at the Ritz. Then tour the Churchill War Rooms. Dinner at the Golden Hind.
Lunch at Pollen Street Social. Then shopping on Bond Street and Harrods. Dinner at Locanda Locatelli.
Lunch at Gauthier Soho. Visit the National Gallery, then the Tower of London, and lastly the Top of the Shard. Dinner nearby.
Lunch at L'Atelier de Joël Robouchon. Then visit the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum. No planned Dinner.
Taxi to St. Pancras for a train to Paris. Late lunch at Café de Flore. Visit the Église de Saint-Germain des Prés, then Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame. Dinner at La Régalade? Then a river cruise on the seine.
Quick lunch at café. Then shopping at Avenue Montaigne, Boulevard Haussmann and Rue de Faubourg Saint-Honoré. Dinner at Frenchie?
Lunch at Le Jules Verne. Eiffel Tower observation after. Then visit the Palais de Tokyo + maybe the Musée Baccarat? Lastly, visit the Louvre. No Planned Dinner.
Lunch at l'Arpège. Then visit Musée Rodin. Dinner at La Maison du Jardin?
Lunch at l'Astrance. Return to the Louvre and Musée Picasso if it's open. Dinner at Le Chateaubriand or Joséphine Chez Dumonet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 2 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Greece in March?
- 5 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 6 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 7 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 8 Holland/France/Spain
- 9 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 10 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 11 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 12 Why Not Helsinki?
- 13 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 14 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 15 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 16 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 17 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 18 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 19 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 20 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 21 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 22 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 23 Iceland Day 5
- 24 Scotland Trip
- 25 3 seniors to do Scotland