I am planning my first trip to Europe with my mom (been to Italy, France, and England), and Dad (never been to Europe) around Christmas time. I am going to London and Paris and plan to spend around 12 days total (including travel time), spending Christmas in Paris. Currently, I do not have either the airfare nor the hotels, but I will be buying the airfare (at least the flight over there) by the end of this month. Also, I know the general area of where I will be staying. I just wanted to have this itinerary confirmed by experts before I finalize my plans.
Depart Seattle to London Heathrow airport. Take the tube to nearest station to hotel (plan to stay in Mayfair). Check-in and unpack. Walk to lunch nearby and then go the London Eye. Spend the rest of the day walking around the Thames. No Dinner planned, and return to hotel for the rest of the night.
Early tour of Westminster Abbey, then Afternoon Tea at the Ritz. Then tour the Churchill War Rooms. Dinner at the Golden Hind.
Lunch at Pollen Street Social. Then shopping on Bond Street and Harrods. Dinner at Locanda Locatelli.
Lunch at Gauthier Soho. Visit the National Gallery, then the Tower of London, and lastly the Top of the Shard. Dinner nearby.
Lunch at L'Atelier de Joël Robouchon. Then visit the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum. No planned Dinner.
Taxi to St. Pancras for a train to Paris. Late lunch at Café de Flore. Visit the Église de Saint-Germain des Prés, then Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame. Dinner at La Régalade? Then a river cruise on the seine.
Quick lunch at café. Then shopping at Avenue Montaigne, Boulevard Haussmann and Rue de Faubourg Saint-Honoré. Dinner at Frenchie?
Lunch at Le Jules Verne. Eiffel Tower observation after. Then visit the Palais de Tokyo + maybe the Musée Baccarat? Lastly, visit the Louvre. No Planned Dinner.
Lunch at l'Arpège. Then visit Musée Rodin. Dinner at La Maison du Jardin?
Lunch at l'Astrance. Return to the Louvre and Musée Picasso if it's open. Dinner at Le Chateaubriand or Joséphine Chez Dumonet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany First Time
- 2 Iceland car rental agencies
- 3 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 7 Switzerland in October
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 2 days in Lugano area
- 13 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Recommendations
- 18 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Paris- restaurant
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 4 nights in Provence, advice