We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 2 What is with graffity in Barcelona?
- 3 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 4 Coming to London. Drinks, dinner?
- 5 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 6 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 7 Cornwall and Germany
- 8 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 9 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 10 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 11 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 12 Help to plan a better itinerary for 12 days Europe tour in Winter 2015
- 13 Still another Normandy question
- 14 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 15 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 16 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
- 17 Coast to Coast Walk in England
- 18 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 19 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 20 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 21 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 22 Itinerary help - 6 days in Iceland in chilly November
- 23 Walking to Dunotter Castle
- 24 Winter on the Cote d'Azur ??
- 25 Munich Trip in February, please help!!!!!!!