We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 2 London Itinerary and Questions
- 3 MiFi in Italy
- 4 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 French lavender and cottages
- 11 What Greek islands should I visit
- 12 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 15 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 16 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 22 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 23 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 24 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016