We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 5 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 9 White Christmas
- 10 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 11 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Gtg San Antonio
- 14 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 15 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 16 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 17 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 18 Gift for French business associate
- 19 Wine tour from Verona?
- 20 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 25 1 week Tuscany in November