We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 4 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Hotel in Vienna
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Car rental from Barcelona
- 10 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 House Hunting in France
- 13 Itinerary Tweaking
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.