We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 2 One champagne tour in Reims
- 3 EuropeanDestinations
- 4 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 5 Pousadas
- 6 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 7 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 8 motorhome route for 2wks trip to Italy
- 9 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 10 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 11 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 12 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 13 Frankfurt airport--destination Alsace
- 14 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 15 Staying over visa expiration.
- 16 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 17 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 18 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 19 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 20 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 21 Bruges for 1st time
- 22 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 23 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 24 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 25 Getting to Büyük Mecidiye Cami