We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 3 Berlin restaurant recs
- 4 Rail pass question
- 5 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 6 Ravello to Paestum
- 7 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Renting bed linens and towels
- 10 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 11 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 12 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 13 Amalfi coast
- 14 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 15 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 16 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 17 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 18 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 19 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 20 Beaches in Southern France
- 21 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 22 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 23 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 24 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 25 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como