We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 2 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 3 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 4 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 5 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 6 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 7 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 8 2 full days in Paris
- 9 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 Terrorism in Europe
- 12 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 15 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 16 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 17 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 18 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 19 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 20 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 21 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 22 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 23 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 24 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 25 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe