We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 2 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 3 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 4 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 5 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 6 European Championship
- 7 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 8 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 9 fear of driving in rome!
- 10 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 11 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 12 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 13 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 14 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 15 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 18 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 21 Trains France/Switzerland
- 22 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 23 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 24 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 25 One in Paris ... help