We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Austria
- 2 First Trip to Europe!
- 3 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 4 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 7 Rue des Rosiers
- 8 Italian Riviera
- 9 Switzerland in mid-April
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 12 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 13 Hamam Istanbul?
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 What to take to Germany
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.