We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 2 Paris Bastille Day
- 3 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 4 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 5 Italy for 5 nights!
- 6 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 7 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 8 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 9 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 10 Trains
- 11 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 12 Paris Art Galleries
- 13 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 14 malaga to madrid train ?
- 15 Anyone been to Fastnacht or Fasnacht in Switzerland?
- 16 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 17 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 18 Denmark cycle tour
- 19 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 20 Barcelona restaurants
- 21 Accommodation
- 22 Is Rome and Amalfi safe for women?
- 23 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 24 Travel to San Gimignano
- 25 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break