We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 4 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 10 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 11 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 American Express
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 24 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking