We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tuscany/florence tour
- 2 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 3 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 4 Train travel in Europe
- 5 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 6 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 7 Alone in Paris
- 8 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 9 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 10 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 11 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 12 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 13 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 14 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 15 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 16 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 17 Suggested form of transportation between destinations
- 18 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 19 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 20 Suggested transportation between destinations
- 21 Would love input on France Itinerary: Paris, Avignon & Annecy with kids
- 22 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 23 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 24 Iceland Sept itinerary
- 25 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada