We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Greek sojourn
- 2 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 3 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 12 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 13 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 14 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 15 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 16 Bregenz or Lindau
- 17 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 18 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 19 Weekend in Norfolk
- 20 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 21 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 22 Winter in Paris
- 23 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 24 I need some big advice!
- 25 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.