We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 buying Eruos in advance
- 2 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 3 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 4 Greece after the Vote
- 5 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 6 Hamlet and castles
- 7 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 8 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 9 Paris Picture Overlays
- 10 Spending money
- 11 2 Days in Rome
- 12 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 13 16 hours total drive time in 6 days
- 14 Plitvice Lakes: What Can I See in Two Hours?
- 15 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 16 Elba
- 17 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 18 Time from Nice airport to downtown
- 19 electrical adaptor plugs
- 20 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 21 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 22 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 23 Seeking a special place in France
- 24 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 25 2 nights in Cinque Terre