We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 4 Berlin from Rostock?
- 5 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 6 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 7 Too many Trip Reports
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 Is this the right way<>?
- 10 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 11 Art in Paris
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 14 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 Hotels that we found special
- 21 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 22 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 23 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Great London Bars with a view