We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 2 Italy in 11 Days
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 dinner jackets
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 12 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 13 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 14 mountain views near London
- 15 Saas Fee Cycling (and bike Rental)
- 16 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 Things to do in Montpellier
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 21 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 22 3 week trip with children
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?