We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 3 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 info Faro & Algarve
- 12 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 13 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 14 Nafplio to Hydra
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?