We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 2 Stonehenge and Bath
- 3 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Kilt makers
- 10 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 11 From Genoa to Rome...
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Enjoying England for a year!
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 16 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 17 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 18 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 19 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 20 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 21 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 24 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 25 France to stop making foie grois