We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Guide in Russia
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 Switzerland
- 7 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 8 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 9 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 12 Zadar or Sibenik
- 13 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 15 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 16 Rent a Car?
- 17 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 18 Whistle stop family road trip
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 21 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 22 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip