We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 2 First Time to UK since 2001
- 3 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 4 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 5 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 10 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 15 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 16 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 24 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir