We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 2 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 3 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 4 Munich
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 11 Munich with a car?
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 17 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 21 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 He said , she said
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy