We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 20 days in Germany
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 6 Nice or Marseille??
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 12 South of France November Trip Report
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 Moving to Belfast
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June