We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 2 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 3 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 4 First trip to Ireland - Solo - suggestions welcome!
- 5 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 6 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 8 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 9 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 10 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 11 3 weeks in Europe
- 12 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 15 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 18 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 19 Istanbul Itinerary
- 20 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 21 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 22 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 25 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?