We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations