We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 2 Best driving map for Greece?
- 3 London Weekend
- 4 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 5 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 6 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 7 Turkey - Live report
- 8 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 9 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 10 Train tickets within Italy
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 Stay in Venice
- 13 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 14 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 15 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 16 Mont St. Michele?
- 17 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 18 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 19 Questions for Paris residents
- 20 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 21 Central European train travel
- 22 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 23 Carinthia
- 24 Southwestern England
- 25 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question