We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 7 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 12 Cyprus in December
- 13 Cyprus photo gallery
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Which travel plan?
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 20 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Car in Prague