We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite things to do in London
- 2 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 3 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 6 4 days in lake region
- 7 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 8 hotels I recommend from my recent trip to Paris and Normandy
- 9 floods in Andalucia
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 12 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 14 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 15 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 Museum Pass
- 18 Tram to Airport
- 19 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 20 3 days in Bordeaux
- 21 Tipping in the UK
- 22 Recommendations for a Paris Apartment Rental Agency
- 23 Taxi or bus from Lucca?
- 24 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 25 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...