We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
London and Paris as base for first time to Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 2 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 3 Advice for Sept trip to Ireland?
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 6 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 7 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 8 Hamam in Istanbul
- 9 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 10 week in calabria
- 11 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 12 London hotel tax is 20%
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 15 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 18 Aaah...Umbria!
- 19 bed and breakfasts
- 20 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 21 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 22 Input on VRBO apartment in the Gracia area
- 23 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 24 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 25 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help