We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 9 and 7. We love traveling and our last trip was 21 days in New Zealand where we drove from North Island to South Island and back.
We haven't been to Europe yet. For 1st timer's can we pick Paris and London as bases and then do day trips from there. Or do we need to travel from one city to next in UK and France ?
I know Europe is vast and one has to pick 2 or 3 countries in any trip. I was trying to see if I can cut down on the traveling inside a country and pick Paris and London as a base. We are planning to go for a 15-17 day trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 Florence and Rome
- 4 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 5 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 8 Switzerland Hotels
- 9 Bosch Parade
- 10 Trains from Granada
- 11 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 14 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 17 Amalfi October 16-25
- 18 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 19 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 20 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 21 21 nights in England, please help
- 22 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 23 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016