Just wanting to run this past people who have travelled to London with family.
We are heading off to Greek Islands next July but are wanting to have a four day stopover in London ...coming from Sydney
Now , last time in 2014 my daughter and I stayed in Leicester sq ..premier inn hotel
It was fine...still expensive even though it's a three star but it was comfortable and clean and secure
We even had a bit of a view of the London eye
The area is super touristy but we could easily get to Leicester sq tube and to the whole foods supermarket up towards piccadilly
This time husband and son will be joining us so we will need two rooms
I'm thinking we do the same thing..stay in Leicester sq
Sons never been ..the area is vibrant with plenty of late night snack places for him..daughter would love to fit in a show if we aren't too jet lagged
Also we will get the train out from Heathrow and its only two short blocks from Leicester sq station to the premier inn hotel
Near Burger King and the ice cream hagenvass (sp?) place
Anyway before I decide...
Are there any other areas in London which hAve similar facilities? ...ie station really close... So we can lug our bags
Supermarket or fast food outlets closeby ..not necessarily restaurants or pubs cos it's the late night snacks my son will be wanting...(I know it sounds nuts but we are just back from usa and Canada and I learned from that experience !)
I can remember the Leicester sq area well.. We had nine nights there and walked and tubed aplenty but I would like to try another area if practical..
Piccadilly would be fine
But that's right next to Leicester anyway...anywhere else?
I have also stayed round the Gloucester station tube but don't recall any food outlets..it was only for two nights though back in 2005 and my recollection isn't as vivid
We will be visiting the tower, Camden lock markets, do a day trip to Stonehenge and probably do the hop in hop off again ...walk through Hyde park and Kensington gardens
We can confidently get around the tube so proximity to these sights doesn't really matter
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 First visit to London
- 3 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 7 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 8 Two days in Rome
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 18 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 19 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 20 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Naples + Walking Tour
- 23 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 24 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence