Just wanting to run this past people who have travelled to London with family.
We are heading off to Greek Islands next July but are wanting to have a four day stopover in London ...coming from Sydney
Now , last time in 2014 my daughter and I stayed in Leicester sq ..premier inn hotel
It was fine...still expensive even though it's a three star but it was comfortable and clean and secure
We even had a bit of a view of the London eye
The area is super touristy but we could easily get to Leicester sq tube and to the whole foods supermarket up towards piccadilly
This time husband and son will be joining us so we will need two rooms
I'm thinking we do the same thing..stay in Leicester sq
Sons never been ..the area is vibrant with plenty of late night snack places for him..daughter would love to fit in a show if we aren't too jet lagged
Also we will get the train out from Heathrow and its only two short blocks from Leicester sq station to the premier inn hotel
Near Burger King and the ice cream hagenvass (sp?) place
Anyway before I decide...
Are there any other areas in London which hAve similar facilities? ...ie station really close... So we can lug our bags
Supermarket or fast food outlets closeby ..not necessarily restaurants or pubs cos it's the late night snacks my son will be wanting...(I know it sounds nuts but we are just back from usa and Canada and I learned from that experience !)
I can remember the Leicester sq area well.. We had nine nights there and walked and tubed aplenty but I would like to try another area if practical..
Piccadilly would be fine
But that's right next to Leicester anyway...anywhere else?
I have also stayed round the Gloucester station tube but don't recall any food outlets..it was only for two nights though back in 2005 and my recollection isn't as vivid
We will be visiting the tower, Camden lock markets, do a day trip to Stonehenge and probably do the hop in hop off again ...walk through Hyde park and Kensington gardens
We can confidently get around the tube so proximity to these sights doesn't really matter
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 5 Tuscany First Time
- 6 Switzerland in October
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 11 2 days in Lugano area
- 12 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 13 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 14 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Recommendations
- 17 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 18 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Paris- restaurant
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 25 Iceland car rental agencies