I know you all see so many itineraries on here, and I have looked at as many as I could. However, nothing beats going to the source -- all of you helpful people! I would really appreciate some feedback since I have never been to London before and obviously do not have much of a sense of how long things will take and quite how far things may be from one another.
In short: I will be going to London for 5.5 days with my mother at the end of June. We will be staying near Sloane Square in Chelsea and we are New Yorkers so walking is not so much a big deal for us. We're not huge museum people, and I would say that we are more interested in paintings so saving most of the heavy museuming for our next stop in Paris.
Here's what I've got:
Day 1 (Thursday):
Arrive at Heathrow at 9:30am from JFK
Travel to apartment in Chelsea, freshen up, etc.
Afternoon tea at The Orangery
Explore Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park/surrounding area (maybe a walk-by of Harrod's)
Day 2 (Friday):
Tower of London at opening
Lunch at Borough Market
Tour Globe Theatre
Return to Chelsea area - maybe a stop at V and A (open late on Fridays and just around the corner from where we are staying)
Day 3 (Saturday):
Westminster Abbey - Verger tour
Self-led walk around Westminster, Big Ben, Westminster Bridge
Picnic dinner in Regent's Park
7:30pm show at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
Day 4 (Sunday):
Buckingham Palace (undecided if we will try for Changing of the Guards)
St. James's Park
National Gallery/National Portrait Gallery
Dinner in Covent Garden
9:30pm Ceremony of the Keys at Tower of London
Day 5 (Monday):
Day trip to Bath
Day 6 (Tuesday):
Notting Hill/Portobello Market
I'd like to hit Regents Street and/or Oxford Street for some window shopping or just to walk the streets, but imagine that may fit on Saturday prior to heading to Regent's Park or Sunday after National Gallery/National Portrait Gallery. I know we'll be in the area a couple of times so that can fit anywhere. The final afternoon I've left free since I'm banking on not actually being able to fit everything in as listed above.
Please let me know if this is feasible -- your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux TRIP
- 2 Greece in 15 Days
- 3 Adaptors for Belgium
- 4 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 5 Walking Scotland
- 6 Home base for a month in France?
- 7 Train Ticket Help
- 8 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 9 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 10 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 11 20 free days of Europe
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 tablet
- 14 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 Germany and Austria trip report
- 19 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 20 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 21 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 24 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini