So here we go again.........
We decided to take the kids (24 & 25) & their partners to Europe for Christmas. A few months ago we secured a great deal through an Australian website for 5 nights in Zillertal (near Mayrhofen) Austria. http://gutshof.cc/ so with this booked we started planning. Dh & I wanted to use points for our flights, so were very flexible where we flew into. The 'kids' were a little more selective due to work commitments. Dh & I managed to get great flights into London and out of Amsterdam. I know it sounds a bit 'round about' but we've travelled to Europe several times and have the time to do this.
So with the flights now all booked we are really getting stuck into the planning. We are all flying into London, the kids will have 6 days before meeting us in Munich for the drive to the resort. Dh & I will have 4 nights just, we arrive 7am, so will book the hotel from the previous night, we've arrived at this time previously and waiting for a room is horrid.
We were both really keen to spend a few days in London, we love it. And it will be nice to see it at Christmas time. (we have been in the winter before, so we do know how dark and cold it will be ) I'm going to bid on priceline.co.uk for a room, I'm thinking near St Pancras as we are going to catch the train to Munich, just for something a bit different and it’s so much nicer than flying. We've decided to stop off in Paris for one night, purely to have a look at this beautiful city in all its Christmas glory. Again, we have been to Paris a few times, so really it will be a walk and dinner somewhere nice.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable 3* hotel near Gare du Nord (arrival) & Gare de l'Est (departure), it seems they are very close which is convenient? The Holiday Inn looks good for $138aud and close. And any special place to take a winters evening walk to see Paris at its Christmas best?
We will then take the train to Munich and have two nights to explore the Christmas Markets and meet up with the kids and head to Zillertal for Christmas. Then it’s off to Madrid for dh & I for a 2.5 week driving adventure.
London 4nights (just) Paris 1 (theres a reason) Munich 2, Austria 5 Xmas.
So here we go again.........
- 1 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 2 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 3 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 6 Tour-Free Travel
- 7 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 8 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 9 London Spy Sites
- 10 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 11 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 14 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 17 East coast trains
- 18 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 19 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 20 Help with Colosseum Underground tour needed
- 21 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 22 Where to stay for one night ???
- 23 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 24 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 25 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas