So here we go again.........
We decided to take the kids (24 & 25) & their partners to Europe for Christmas. A few months ago we secured a great deal through an Australian website for 5 nights in Zillertal (near Mayrhofen) Austria. http://gutshof.cc/ so with this booked we started planning. Dh & I wanted to use points for our flights, so were very flexible where we flew into. The 'kids' were a little more selective due to work commitments. Dh & I managed to get great flights into London and out of Amsterdam. I know it sounds a bit 'round about' but we've travelled to Europe several times and have the time to do this.
So with the flights now all booked we are really getting stuck into the planning. We are all flying into London, the kids will have 6 days before meeting us in Munich for the drive to the resort. Dh & I will have 4 nights just, we arrive 7am, so will book the hotel from the previous night, we've arrived at this time previously and waiting for a room is horrid.
We were both really keen to spend a few days in London, we love it. And it will be nice to see it at Christmas time. (we have been in the winter before, so we do know how dark and cold it will be ) I'm going to bid on priceline.co.uk for a room, I'm thinking near St Pancras as we are going to catch the train to Munich, just for something a bit different and it’s so much nicer than flying. We've decided to stop off in Paris for one night, purely to have a look at this beautiful city in all its Christmas glory. Again, we have been to Paris a few times, so really it will be a walk and dinner somewhere nice.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable 3* hotel near Gare du Nord (arrival) & Gare de l'Est (departure), it seems they are very close which is convenient? The Holiday Inn looks good for $138aud and close. And any special place to take a winters evening walk to see Paris at its Christmas best?
We will then take the train to Munich and have two nights to explore the Christmas Markets and meet up with the kids and head to Zillertal for Christmas. Then it’s off to Madrid for dh & I for a 2.5 week driving adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Paris in November
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 What's a must to buy in Paris?
London 4nights (just) Paris 1 (theres a reason) Munich 2, Austria 5 Xmas.
So here we go again.........