So here we go again.........
We decided to take the kids (24 & 25) & their partners to Europe for Christmas. A few months ago we secured a great deal through an Australian website for 5 nights in Zillertal (near Mayrhofen) Austria. http://gutshof.cc/ so with this booked we started planning. Dh & I wanted to use points for our flights, so were very flexible where we flew into. The 'kids' were a little more selective due to work commitments. Dh & I managed to get great flights into London and out of Amsterdam. I know it sounds a bit 'round about' but we've travelled to Europe several times and have the time to do this.
So with the flights now all booked we are really getting stuck into the planning. We are all flying into London, the kids will have 6 days before meeting us in Munich for the drive to the resort. Dh & I will have 4 nights just, we arrive 7am, so will book the hotel from the previous night, we've arrived at this time previously and waiting for a room is horrid.
We were both really keen to spend a few days in London, we love it. And it will be nice to see it at Christmas time. (we have been in the winter before, so we do know how dark and cold it will be ) I'm going to bid on priceline.co.uk for a room, I'm thinking near St Pancras as we are going to catch the train to Munich, just for something a bit different and it’s so much nicer than flying. We've decided to stop off in Paris for one night, purely to have a look at this beautiful city in all its Christmas glory. Again, we have been to Paris a few times, so really it will be a walk and dinner somewhere nice.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable 3* hotel near Gare du Nord (arrival) & Gare de l'Est (departure), it seems they are very close which is convenient? The Holiday Inn looks good for $138aud and close. And any special place to take a winters evening walk to see Paris at its Christmas best?
We will then take the train to Munich and have two nights to explore the Christmas Markets and meet up with the kids and head to Zillertal for Christmas. Then it’s off to Madrid for dh & I for a 2.5 week driving adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 Killarney
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 Rome-Itinerary
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost
London 4nights (just) Paris 1 (theres a reason) Munich 2, Austria 5 Xmas.
So here we go again.........