I realize that my question may have an ethical component...but please bear with me and answer anyway.
Background: In earlier trips we had flown into Gatwick (from Philadelphia). A paper return train ticket on Southern Railway did the trick for 2-for-1 qualifications.
Our last trip (and our upcoming trip) deposits us at LHR -- USAir no longer flies PHL-LGW -- so we have a problem. (Train tickets from LHR do not qualify).
Last trip we bought a paper travel card at the train station. However, I prefer the convenience of our Oyster cards for our 7-day travel card and some pay-as-you-go cash loaded.
The Plan: Buy a couple of paper return tickets to Victoria from a close station (such as Clapham Junction @ 6.40 GBP each) and not use them to travel -- only as "documentation" for 2-for-1. It's a small price for the convenience of using our Oyster cards the entire visit.
Would a return ticket from such a close station still qualify for 2-for-1?
Do the tickets have to be actually used -- i.e., will tickets that are unused (I naturally assume one can tell by looking at the ticket) cause our 2-for-1 coupons to be rejected?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary advice
- 2 Porto in January
- 3 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 4 Rome Water Shortage
- 5 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Whistle stop family road trip
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 Lake Como,Italy
- 13 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 14 Help with tips in UK
- 15 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 16 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 22 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip