I realize that my question may have an ethical component...but please bear with me and answer anyway.
Background: In earlier trips we had flown into Gatwick (from Philadelphia). A paper return train ticket on Southern Railway did the trick for 2-for-1 qualifications.
Our last trip (and our upcoming trip) deposits us at LHR -- USAir no longer flies PHL-LGW -- so we have a problem. (Train tickets from LHR do not qualify).
Last trip we bought a paper travel card at the train station. However, I prefer the convenience of our Oyster cards for our 7-day travel card and some pay-as-you-go cash loaded.
The Plan: Buy a couple of paper return tickets to Victoria from a close station (such as Clapham Junction @ 6.40 GBP each) and not use them to travel -- only as "documentation" for 2-for-1. It's a small price for the convenience of using our Oyster cards the entire visit.
Would a return ticket from such a close station still qualify for 2-for-1?
Do the tickets have to be actually used -- i.e., will tickets that are unused (I naturally assume one can tell by looking at the ticket) cause our 2-for-1 coupons to be rejected?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Germany train help!
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 18 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 23 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Not a good time to fly into LGW