I realize that my question may have an ethical component...but please bear with me and answer anyway.
Background: In earlier trips we had flown into Gatwick (from Philadelphia). A paper return train ticket on Southern Railway did the trick for 2-for-1 qualifications.
Our last trip (and our upcoming trip) deposits us at LHR -- USAir no longer flies PHL-LGW -- so we have a problem. (Train tickets from LHR do not qualify).
Last trip we bought a paper travel card at the train station. However, I prefer the convenience of our Oyster cards for our 7-day travel card and some pay-as-you-go cash loaded.
The Plan: Buy a couple of paper return tickets to Victoria from a close station (such as Clapham Junction @ 6.40 GBP each) and not use them to travel -- only as "documentation" for 2-for-1. It's a small price for the convenience of using our Oyster cards the entire visit.
Would a return ticket from such a close station still qualify for 2-for-1?
Do the tickets have to be actually used -- i.e., will tickets that are unused (I naturally assume one can tell by looking at the ticket) cause our 2-for-1 coupons to be rejected?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Help with Ireland Trip
- 3 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 4 Cappadocia in June
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Ibiiza Spain
- 10 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 11 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 12 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 13 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?