I realize that my question may have an ethical component...but please bear with me and answer anyway.
Background: In earlier trips we had flown into Gatwick (from Philadelphia). A paper return train ticket on Southern Railway did the trick for 2-for-1 qualifications.
Our last trip (and our upcoming trip) deposits us at LHR -- USAir no longer flies PHL-LGW -- so we have a problem. (Train tickets from LHR do not qualify).
Last trip we bought a paper travel card at the train station. However, I prefer the convenience of our Oyster cards for our 7-day travel card and some pay-as-you-go cash loaded.
The Plan: Buy a couple of paper return tickets to Victoria from a close station (such as Clapham Junction @ 6.40 GBP each) and not use them to travel -- only as "documentation" for 2-for-1. It's a small price for the convenience of using our Oyster cards the entire visit.
Would a return ticket from such a close station still qualify for 2-for-1?
Do the tickets have to be actually used -- i.e., will tickets that are unused (I naturally assume one can tell by looking at the ticket) cause our 2-for-1 coupons to be rejected?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 2 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 3 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 4 dinner jackets
- 5 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 18 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 22 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 23 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 24 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??