Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holland/France/Spain
- 2 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 3 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 4 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 5 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 6 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 7 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 8 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 9 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 12 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 13 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 14 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 Greece in March?
- 17 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 18 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 19 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 20 Why Not Helsinki?
- 21 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 22 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 25 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions