Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 Germany deregistration
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 7 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 8 One day in Lille, France
- 9 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 10 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 11 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 12 Corsica
- 13 CDG to Marais transfer
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 London best location
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 18 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 19 Transportation Question Italy
- 20 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 London Restaurants
- 23 Train tickets in Italy?
- 24 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 25 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !