Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 2 Belgium advice
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 5 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 6 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 7 Amalfi or Positano
- 8 Party venues North London
- 9 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 10 Rome to Positano
- 11 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 12 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 16 Carbohydrate element is a varied mixture of carbohydrates
- 17 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 18 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 19 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 20 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 21 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 22 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 23 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website