Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 2 Barcelona completely overrated
- 3 Cork or Galway?
- 4 Seville in late January
- 5 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 6 Spain Itinerary Help
- 7 2 days brussel day trip london?
- 8 Well, I'm always warning people
- 9 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 10 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 3 days to spend in europe
- 13 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 14 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 18 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 19 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 20 Europe Sim card help
- 21 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam