Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 2 Seville Photo studio with folk / flamenco costumes
- 3 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 4 Where to from Verona
- 5 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 8 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 9 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 10 Ravenna Mosaics
- 11 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 12 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 13 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 14 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 15 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 16 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 15 days trip to Europe
- 19 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 22 Amsterdam, Germany
- 23 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 European Travel in March