Thank you to everyone for help with my previous Loire Valley post. I now need help with the actual itinerary/route.
We plan to leave Paris on a Tues. morning around 9am. We will p/u rental car at Gare Montparnasse as a result of board suggestions unless someone has a better suggestion.
We will drive straight to the Loire Valley and are leaning towards staying in Ambroise at Le Choiseul.
We would like to visit 2 chateaus the first day and have lunch sometime either before both visits or pref. in between. (maybe Chenonceau & Chambord.) (what town for lunch?)
dinner prob. at hotel or in town
We would also like to see the following (maybe on day two and we would also like to have lunch at some point):
- town of Azay-le-Rideau (maybe castle too)
- wine tasting??
- Le Clos Luce???
- visit Chartres on return route to Paris
I would really appreciate any input and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Madrid/Lisbon
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Greek fuel cost
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 11 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 12 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Day trips from Florence
- 15 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 16 May get together in Paris
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 20 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 21 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 22 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation