We're travelling from Mount St Michel to the Loire Valley (Chambord) and then onto Avignon in late March. We have two nights somewhere in the Loire Valley. We're keen to check out the following Villandry (garden)*, Azay-le-Rideau, Chenonceau (bridge)*, Chambord***. We will be travelling with 2 x 5 year old twins and 1 x 22 month old. We have our own car. A few questions please:
* Which of these chateaux do you think will be most appropriate for a family visit? Our kids are pretty good in museums and galleries etc and also love to run around outside. We're just trying to prioritise them in terms of time. We had thought first Chambord, then Villandry and Chenonceau. Is there others that you think are a better option for us.
* Is there a particular town you recommend we stay in to explore this area? And if possible, a recommendation for family friendly accommodation. We're ideally looking for a family suite within a B&B that also either offers a dinner option or access to a kitchenette. We don't want to spend a fortune, which for us is no more than around E150 per night. I've scoured so many websites and I'm going cross eyed from it.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice