We're travelling from Mount St Michel to the Loire Valley (Chambord) and then onto Avignon in late March. We have two nights somewhere in the Loire Valley. We're keen to check out the following Villandry (garden)*, Azay-le-Rideau, Chenonceau (bridge)*, Chambord***. We will be travelling with 2 x 5 year old twins and 1 x 22 month old. We have our own car. A few questions please:
* Which of these chateaux do you think will be most appropriate for a family visit? Our kids are pretty good in museums and galleries etc and also love to run around outside. We're just trying to prioritise them in terms of time. We had thought first Chambord, then Villandry and Chenonceau. Is there others that you think are a better option for us.
* Is there a particular town you recommend we stay in to explore this area? And if possible, a recommendation for family friendly accommodation. We're ideally looking for a family suite within a B&B that also either offers a dinner option or access to a kitchenette. We don't want to spend a fortune, which for us is no more than around E150 per night. I've scoured so many websites and I'm going cross eyed from it.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 5 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 6 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Language to use in Belgium
- 23 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 24 Istanbul at Easter
- 25 Palermo Apartment