We're travelling from Mount St Michel to the Loire Valley (Chambord) and then onto Avignon in late March. We have two nights somewhere in the Loire Valley. We're keen to check out the following Villandry (garden)*, Azay-le-Rideau, Chenonceau (bridge)*, Chambord***. We will be travelling with 2 x 5 year old twins and 1 x 22 month old. We have our own car. A few questions please:
* Which of these chateaux do you think will be most appropriate for a family visit? Our kids are pretty good in museums and galleries etc and also love to run around outside. We're just trying to prioritise them in terms of time. We had thought first Chambord, then Villandry and Chenonceau. Is there others that you think are a better option for us.
* Is there a particular town you recommend we stay in to explore this area? And if possible, a recommendation for family friendly accommodation. We're ideally looking for a family suite within a B&B that also either offers a dinner option or access to a kitchenette. We don't want to spend a fortune, which for us is no more than around E150 per night. I've scoured so many websites and I'm going cross eyed from it.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Looking for a Luxury Villa in Lucca
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Scotland - We're Here!
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 IWM
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Guided Vatican Tours
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 14 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 16 days in France and Italy
- 24 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino