We decided to start a new topic as we are now going to the Loire Valley and need advice more specific to the region.
We are going to spend 4 nights in the area (we are driving in from Paris and will have a car the whole time we are in the Loire Valley), and would like to stay in a Chateau in the countryside, but close enough to towns and villages so that we can have the opportunity to stay for dinner and walk around in the evening in one of the Loire Valley towns.
We think it would be a good idea to stay near both Tours and Amboise so that we can be central to the whole area and are considering the following places to stay:
Chateau de Brou
Chateau de Noizay
Thanks for all of your help. It is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 Norwegian Air?
- 7 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 8 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 9 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 10 Highclare Castle
- 11 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 12 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 13 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 18 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 19 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 20 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 21 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 24 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 25 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?