We decided to start a new topic as we are now going to the Loire Valley and need advice more specific to the region.
We are going to spend 4 nights in the area (we are driving in from Paris and will have a car the whole time we are in the Loire Valley), and would like to stay in a Chateau in the countryside, but close enough to towns and villages so that we can have the opportunity to stay for dinner and walk around in the evening in one of the Loire Valley towns.
We think it would be a good idea to stay near both Tours and Amboise so that we can be central to the whole area and are considering the following places to stay:
Chateau de Brou
Chateau de Noizay
Thanks for all of your help. It is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 8 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 9 Frankfurt to UK
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Milan or Turin
- 22 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help