We decided to start a new topic as we are now going to the Loire Valley and need advice more specific to the region.
We are going to spend 4 nights in the area (we are driving in from Paris and will have a car the whole time we are in the Loire Valley), and would like to stay in a Chateau in the countryside, but close enough to towns and villages so that we can have the opportunity to stay for dinner and walk around in the evening in one of the Loire Valley towns.
We think it would be a good idea to stay near both Tours and Amboise so that we can be central to the whole area and are considering the following places to stay:
Chateau de Brou
Chateau de Noizay
Thanks for all of your help. It is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 4 London with Teens Trip Report
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 8 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Madrird and Seville
- 14 Greece
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 18 Lake Como AREA questions
- 19 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 25 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!