Our trip is almost here and your help has been amazing, as always. We will be traveling to Skye from Mallaig ferry on a 4:30pm reservation on Wednesday, May 23rd. We will be staying our first and 2nd night at Marmalade, located in Portree. We will be spending our 3rd night in Elgol on the shores of Loch Scavaig in Coruisk House to take sunset pictures of the Black Cuillins that evening. We will be leaving the next morning via the Skye bridge. I know some may be wondering why we aren't reversing this itinerary...I really wanted to be close to Elgol beach for the sunset photos and The Coruisk House (wonderful customer service by the way) only had the 25th open for stay so I am willing to go out of my way to make it work.
My question is: Could you suggest what places we have time to visit based on where we are staying and factoring in the driving times? We are very active, mid 30s and I LOVE photography. We are fine to do short hikes (don't want real long ones...maybe no more than an hour each way) and are not big into touristy stops (don't need to do any shopping or tours) and could care less about what we are eating. I really just want to do our best to see the most beautiful sites (I know they are ALL beautiful and stop at as many "most popular" photo stops as we can within reason. I would also love any recommendations for forest areas as I love the types of shots with trees, moss and green everywhere Thanks as always for any advice...you are helping me feel much more confident in planning this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 총판노하우토토 총판 방법 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 3 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 8 Cell Phone Question
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 16 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Campervan in Croatia
- 21 advance tickets?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 24 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 25 Como Bus to Bellagio
Logical stops in Skye based on our accommodations and driving times..