Our trip is almost here and your help has been amazing, as always. We will be traveling to Skye from Mallaig ferry on a 4:30pm reservation on Wednesday, May 23rd. We will be staying our first and 2nd night at Marmalade, located in Portree. We will be spending our 3rd night in Elgol on the shores of Loch Scavaig in Coruisk House to take sunset pictures of the Black Cuillins that evening. We will be leaving the next morning via the Skye bridge. I know some may be wondering why we aren't reversing this itinerary...I really wanted to be close to Elgol beach for the sunset photos and The Coruisk House (wonderful customer service by the way) only had the 25th open for stay so I am willing to go out of my way to make it work.
My question is: Could you suggest what places we have time to visit based on where we are staying and factoring in the driving times? We are very active, mid 30s and I LOVE photography. We are fine to do short hikes (don't want real long ones...maybe no more than an hour each way) and are not big into touristy stops (don't need to do any shopping or tours) and could care less about what we are eating. I really just want to do our best to see the most beautiful sites (I know they are ALL beautiful and stop at as many "most popular" photo stops as we can within reason. I would also love any recommendations for forest areas as I love the types of shots with trees, moss and green everywhere Thanks as always for any advice...you are helping me feel much more confident in planning this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 4 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 8 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 9 Best Greek Island
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Which Day?
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Corsica and Sardinia
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome
Logical stops in Skye based on our accommodations and driving times..