We are going to Italy for almost 3 weeks in May! We would love you advice and experience on where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, the Lake District (Lake Como) and the Cinque Terra (spelling?) We will be three days in most places. The first 10 days our 18 year old son will be with us, so we will be three people, which limits choices for lodging. Cost matters of course, but so does location, comfort and ambiance. The last week we will be a couple and might want something more romantic than family oriented. Most of all we would like it to be truly Italian. We are leaning towards covent and monasteries, and VRBO (vacation rent by owner) and small Band B's but will consider hotels too. What do you suggest travelers who have been there?
Lodging in Italy - Where do you suggest for Rome, Florence, Venice plus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Trip Travel
- 2 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Weekend in Norfolk
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 14 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 15 Norway 2014
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 18 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 19 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 22 Is Venice really dirty?
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris