We are going to Italy for almost 3 weeks in May! We would love you advice and experience on where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, the Lake District (Lake Como) and the Cinque Terra (spelling?) We will be three days in most places. The first 10 days our 18 year old son will be with us, so we will be three people, which limits choices for lodging. Cost matters of course, but so does location, comfort and ambiance. The last week we will be a couple and might want something more romantic than family oriented. Most of all we would like it to be truly Italian. We are leaning towards covent and monasteries, and VRBO (vacation rent by owner) and small Band B's but will consider hotels too. What do you suggest travelers who have been there?
Lodging in Italy - Where do you suggest for Rome, Florence, Venice plus?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 11 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 12 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 13 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 7 days in Andalucia
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Belgium
- 23 Navigo Decouverte
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days