We are going to Italy for almost 3 weeks in May! We would love you advice and experience on where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, the Lake District (Lake Como) and the Cinque Terra (spelling?) We will be three days in most places. The first 10 days our 18 year old son will be with us, so we will be three people, which limits choices for lodging. Cost matters of course, but so does location, comfort and ambiance. The last week we will be a couple and might want something more romantic than family oriented. Most of all we would like it to be truly Italian. We are leaning towards covent and monasteries, and VRBO (vacation rent by owner) and small Band B's but will consider hotels too. What do you suggest travelers who have been there?
Lodging in Italy - Where do you suggest for Rome, Florence, Venice plus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Is Venice really dirty?
- 4 Cotswold Churches
- 5 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 6 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 7 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 8 Best beach town in Italy?
- 9 Where to go in France mid July?
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 13 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 14 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 15 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 16 Italy and Croatia
- 17 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Five nights in Extremadura
- 20 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two