We are going to Italy for almost 3 weeks in May! We would love you advice and experience on where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, the Lake District (Lake Como) and the Cinque Terra (spelling?) We will be three days in most places. The first 10 days our 18 year old son will be with us, so we will be three people, which limits choices for lodging. Cost matters of course, but so does location, comfort and ambiance. The last week we will be a couple and might want something more romantic than family oriented. Most of all we would like it to be truly Italian. We are leaning towards covent and monasteries, and VRBO (vacation rent by owner) and small Band B's but will consider hotels too. What do you suggest travelers who have been there?
Lodging in Italy - Where do you suggest for Rome, Florence, Venice plus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 7 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 16 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 17 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 18 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 Tipping in Greece
- 25 Fashion for larger man?