We are going to Italy for almost 3 weeks in May! We would love you advice and experience on where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice, the Lake District (Lake Como) and the Cinque Terra (spelling?) We will be three days in most places. The first 10 days our 18 year old son will be with us, so we will be three people, which limits choices for lodging. Cost matters of course, but so does location, comfort and ambiance. The last week we will be a couple and might want something more romantic than family oriented. Most of all we would like it to be truly Italian. We are leaning towards covent and monasteries, and VRBO (vacation rent by owner) and small Band B's but will consider hotels too. What do you suggest travelers who have been there?
Lodging in Italy - Where do you suggest for Rome, Florence, Venice plus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 2 Transportation in Paris
- 3 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 4 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 5 2 for 1 tickets
- 6 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 7 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 8 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 9 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 10 Split to Venice. Help!
- 11 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 12 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 13 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 14 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 15 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 16 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 17 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 18 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 21 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 22 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 23 Monet's Giverny
- 24 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.