We will be ending our 18-day trip with 3 days in beautiful Venice this coming June, exciting for DH and I as our trip will be exactly 10 years from our lovely honeymoon there .
As we will have been touring for a couple weeks, we will have a rental car with us upon arrival in the Veneto. We will also have...GULP... our 3.5 yr old son and our 16 month old son. Our older son is a special needs child, has traveled with us quite a bit previously, and is an excellent traveler. Due to his needs, we travel with more luggage and there is no way to reduce it. It's not so extensive that we require a porter, but DH and I are extremely weighted down when we have to transfer with luggage. So the less distance while carrying everything, the better.
Looking at AutoEurope, it appears we can return the car to either the airport (VCE) or to Piazzale Roma. Our apartment is in the same building as Hotel Guerrato (near Rialto Mercato vaporetto stop).
Given the luggage and two small children, we would appreciate advice on where to return the car and how to make the" transfer to the apartment process" as easy as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 4 Swiss Pass
- 5 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 9 Trip to Ireland in September
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 14 Final Four
- 15 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Cornwall UK
- 18 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 19 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 20 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 21 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 22 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 23 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 24 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 25 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?