We will be ending our 18-day trip with 3 days in beautiful Venice this coming June, exciting for DH and I as our trip will be exactly 10 years from our lovely honeymoon there .
As we will have been touring for a couple weeks, we will have a rental car with us upon arrival in the Veneto. We will also have...GULP... our 3.5 yr old son and our 16 month old son. Our older son is a special needs child, has traveled with us quite a bit previously, and is an excellent traveler. Due to his needs, we travel with more luggage and there is no way to reduce it. It's not so extensive that we require a porter, but DH and I are extremely weighted down when we have to transfer with luggage. So the less distance while carrying everything, the better.
Looking at AutoEurope, it appears we can return the car to either the airport (VCE) or to Piazzale Roma. Our apartment is in the same building as Hotel Guerrato (near Rialto Mercato vaporetto stop).
Given the luggage and two small children, we would appreciate advice on where to return the car and how to make the" transfer to the apartment process" as easy as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets