My previous thread was bombarding people with questions about planning, but now I am interested to know what the good areas of Edinburgh are (and if there are any unsafe ones). Also, is Canonmills a good place to stay for the week, or is it a bit far of a walk to the central sights?
Lastly, does anyone have any recommendations of the best shopping areas and pubs/bars that are considered "trendy"? Is Grassmarket one of them?
Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 2 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 3 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 4 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 5 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 6 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 7 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 8 Macarons!
- 9 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 10 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 11 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 12 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 13 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 14 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 15 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 16 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 17 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 18 Lycian Way
- 19 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 20 Rental Car in Paris
- 21 Lycian Way Self Guided Options
- 22 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 23 3 nights in sorrento/amalfi - please help with day planning
- 24 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 25 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast