I'm planning to go to Provence this summer with my husband and kids. We are thinking of going to Marseille and then Aix en Provence and Avignon. I think we will stay at least a week in Avignon for the theatre festival.
Staying in Avignon all day will be too long for the kids and I'd like to plan day trips to surrounding towns and villages. Are there frequent buses travelling between Avignon and different villages? Is it easy to go by ourselves?
Do you know of a good local agency which could drive us to countryside villages? We don't want something too big, just a small, friendly tour?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Travel in Germany
- 2 barcelona
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 One night in Amsterdam?
- 5 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 Rome Walking Guide
- 8 Switzeraland Iternary
- 9 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 10 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 11 Naples?
- 12 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 13 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 14 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 15 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 16 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 17 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 18 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 19 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 20 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 21 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 22 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 23 Travel in England and Scotland
- 24 10 days in spain
- 25 Nice - nightlife / live music