I'm planning to go to Provence this summer with my husband and kids. We are thinking of going to Marseille and then Aix en Provence and Avignon. I think we will stay at least a week in Avignon for the theatre festival.
Staying in Avignon all day will be too long for the kids and I'd like to plan day trips to surrounding towns and villages. Are there frequent buses travelling between Avignon and different villages? Is it easy to go by ourselves?
Do you know of a good local agency which could drive us to countryside villages? We don't want something too big, just a small, friendly tour?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoes in Scotland
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Naples, Italy
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 25 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?