I am torn between joining another tour rome-florence-cinque terre-venice and just staying in rome. I am not very much interested in venice and florence given the time that I have (only 7 days all in all) and I feel like it would be rushed so I am on the edge of just staying in Rome and maybe do a day trip to Pompeii or Naples. (will leave florence and venice and rest of ITaly for another time).
I have looked into getting an apartment or getting a hotel, however I like the idea that with G adventures local living, I will be with a group of people and I can do our own thing or I can join then to go do an activity. I know it's a hit or miss but this is what I am looking for more insights about.
G adventures apartment is close to vatican whereas the apt I am looking into is close to Pantheon. The price difference is not significant, own apt- smaller but solo, G adventures- sharing room but bigger apt.
Inputs? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary
- 2 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 3 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 4 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 5 Izmir to Istanbul
- 6 Planning our Honeymoon
- 7 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 8 "Magnificent" video exhibit at Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
- 9 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 10 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 11 Andalucia to Madrid
- 12 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 13 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 14 Segovia Hotel
- 15 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 16 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 17 Confused ~ Pheasant Inn Lake District
- 18 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 19 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 20 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 21 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 22 Best way to get from Monterosso, Cinque Terre to Pisa Airport
- 23 Train/Subway Questions
- 24 Faro to Porto 5 days
- 25 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back