For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 4 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Augsburg with kids
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 He said , she said
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 15 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 16 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 19 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 20 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 23 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 24 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 25 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul