For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 알라딘양방 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 6 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 8 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 9 16 days in France and Italy
- 10 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 11 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 12 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 13 Avoid Europcar!
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 16 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 17 quickest way to Prague
- 18 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 19 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 23 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!