For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 Holiday Itinerary
- 4 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 5 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 6 How much do i need?
- 7 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 10 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 11 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 14 AVE train tickets questions.
- 15 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 16 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 17 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 21 How big backpack do I need?
- 22 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Path of the Gods Question
- 25 Loire Valley 12 days
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!