For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 3 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 4 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 5 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 6 Budget family trip to Europe
- 7 Lake Como transportation questions
- 8 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 9 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 12 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 13 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 14 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 17 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 20 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 21 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 22 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 23 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 24 By train to and out of Prague
- 25 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?