For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece
- 11 Italy for Christmas Week
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 Shoes in Scotland
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 16 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 17 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 restaurants in Marais district
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!