For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 2 Marseille Airport rental return
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 5 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 6 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 9 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 12 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 13 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 14 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 17 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 18 Italy weather last week of March.
- 19 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 20 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 21 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 22 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 23 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 24 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 25 we are planning a trip to Ireland.!!! I NEED HELP
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!