For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 First time in London
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 8 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 12 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 13 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 14 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 15 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 16 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 17 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 23 Praiano hotel question
- 24 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 25 First time in Bulgaria
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!