For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 3 Car rental leaving Rome
- 4 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 5 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 6 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 7 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 8 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 9 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 10 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 11 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 12 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 13 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 14 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Car Rental in Italy
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 19 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 20 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 21 First Trip to Europe!
- 22 Paris Under Seige...
- 23 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 24 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!