I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in 11 Days
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 10 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 11 mountain views near London
- 12 Saas Fee Cycling (and bike Rental)
- 13 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 14 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 15 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 16 Things to do in Montpellier
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 19 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 20 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 21 3 week trip with children
- 22 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week