I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 2 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 3 Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica
- 4 Le Marche Research Help
- 5 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 6 Northern lights in December
- 7 Travel vs. Babies
- 8 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 9 Verona and Lake Garda
- 10 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 11 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 12 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 13 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 14 European Cooking Secrets
- 15 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 16 20 Days in Europe
- 17 The Local at -- Bavarian Police: Europe under Siege
- 18 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 Italy - rental car damages query
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 London's Must Sights!
- 23 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 24 Travel help
- 25 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom