I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Which area to stay in London
- 3 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 4 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 5 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 8 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 9 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 10 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Scotland - We're Here!
- 14 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 15 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 19 16 days in France and Italy
- 20 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 21 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 22 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 23 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 24 Lisbon - a few tips
- 25 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland