I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 2 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 3 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 6 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 7 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 8 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 15 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 16 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 17 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 18 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 21 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Andalucia Spain
- 24 Germany-Car or Train
- 25 The DCC scam is spreading