I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 3 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 24 hours in Zurich
- 9 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 10 Summer Travel order
- 11 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Trip suggestion
- 16 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 24 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?