I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Santorini lodging
- 4 Milan private guide
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 7 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 8 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 9 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Italian lakes
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 What do after Bernia Express?
- 14 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Ischia
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Germany family road trip help!
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May