I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 2 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 3 The highlands
- 4 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 5 Camino Redux
- 6 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 7 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 8 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 9 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 10 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 11 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 12 Best way to see Croatia?
- 13 Vienna to Bratislava
- 14 Amalie/Rome
- 15 *Help!* Puglia vs Sicily vs Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Venice at Christmas
- 17 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 18 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 19 Berlin to Barcelona
- 20 countries to visit in October and November
- 21 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 22 Montpellier to Arles
- 23 Parma and Matova/Mantua - car rental
- 24 Hotels in St Germain Paris
- 25 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car