I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary
- 2 1 day trip from Nice
- 3 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 4 Planning Advice!
- 5 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 6 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 7 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 8 http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 9 http://isscamreview.com/code-fibo-scam/
- 10 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 11 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 12 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 13 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 15 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 16 20 free days of Europe
- 17 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 18 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 19 Click Here : http://skinreviveidea.com/alpha-tren/
- 20 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 21 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 22 Our European adventures
- 23 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 24 http://www.healthybooklet.com/exoslim/
- 25 Girona and Besalau