I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://brainammofacts.com/staminon/
- 2 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 3 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 4 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 5 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 6 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 7 cheap balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey?
- 8 To europe this Aug
- 9 Are Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Rides Cold ?
- 10 Lagos Walking Tour
- 11 Which ballooning company should we use in Cappadocia?
- 12 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 13 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 14 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 15 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 16 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 17 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 18 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 19 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 20 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 21 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 22 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 23 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 24 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 25 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?