I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 2 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 3 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 4 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 5 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 6 Satnav maps update
- 7 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 10 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 11 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 17 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 18 mallorca
- 19 April in Madrid
- 20 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 21 France to Italy advice needed please
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?