I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 3 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 4 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 5 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 6 Urgent Need of Advice
- 7 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 French rental car advice needed
- 10 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 11 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 12 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 13 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 14 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 15 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 16 Macarons!
- 17 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 18 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 19 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 20 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 21 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 22 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 23 Lycian Way
- 24 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 25 Rental Car in Paris