I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 2 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 3 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 4 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 5 Amalfi or Positano
- 6 Hostel Advice
- 7 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 8 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 9 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 10 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 11 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 Poland in September
- 14 Belgium advice
- 15 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 16 Train from Lille to Delft
- 17 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 18 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 19 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 20 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 21 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 22 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 23 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 24 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 25 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?