I have been reading through past posts about getting from Livorno to Florence. Our cruise ship will let us off at 7 am. Our intent is to take a train from Livorno to Florence at 8:12 am arriving in Florence at 9:32 am where we will walk a short distance to a market to meet Chef Barbara for a 10 am cooking class. Our class gets done at 2 pm. We will shop in Florence for a while and take a 4 something pm train getting back to Livorno around 5 something leaving plenty of time for the 7 pm departure of the ship.
A few questions:
1. How hard is it to get from the cruise ship to the Livorno train station?
- reading online it sounded like a long walk and the cabs might not want to take us to the train station as they would prefer the customer going from Livorno to Florence in a cab
- I read about a local shuttle from the cruise ship area to the central plazza, but doesnt run at 7:30 am
2. Should I buy my tickets in advance, or just get them from the ticket machine when I get to the station/
3. Should I buy a round trip, or just get my return ticket in Florence? (we have used the trains a lot in past Europe trips).
4. Will I have much problem getting a cab to get from the Livorno train station to the cruise ship? How much time should I plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 3 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 4 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 5 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 6 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 7 5 days in switzerland
- 8 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 9 Antwerp Tram
- 10 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 13 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 14 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 15 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 16 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 17 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 18 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 20 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 21 TAP airlines & other questions
- 22 Netflix and Hulu
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 24 Paris hotels
- 25 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)