I am planning on spending 2 months in Italy. 1 month in Tuscany to learn cooking and another month just travel around all the cities. I have just started planning and not sure where to begin. All my vacations are usually planned on Fodors. But this time I am dropping my life and looking to travel for 6 months.
I am a 28 year old solo India female traveler living in NYC . I’ve travelled on my own for 15-20 days, but this is taking it to whole new level. Excited and nervous!
So my question is does anyone know of any school where I can study cooking for a month? Accordingly I can plan on getting an apartment etc. Also, do you suggest I make that apartment my base for 2 months. Or should I live there for 1 month and spend the other month in different cities/towns of Italy?
I’m usually a thorough planner and would like to have something framed.
Are there any other websites, blogs or people that would be helpful for me to look talk to?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 2 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 3 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 4 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 Venice at Christmas
- 7 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 8 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 9 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 12 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 15 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 16 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 17 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 18 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 19 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 20 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 21 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 22 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 23 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 24 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 25 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?