I am planning on spending 2 months in Italy. 1 month in Tuscany to learn cooking and another month just travel around all the cities. I have just started planning and not sure where to begin. All my vacations are usually planned on Fodors. But this time I am dropping my life and looking to travel for 6 months.
I am a 28 year old solo India female traveler living in NYC . I’ve travelled on my own for 15-20 days, but this is taking it to whole new level. Excited and nervous!
So my question is does anyone know of any school where I can study cooking for a month? Accordingly I can plan on getting an apartment etc. Also, do you suggest I make that apartment my base for 2 months. Or should I live there for 1 month and spend the other month in different cities/towns of Italy?
I’m usually a thorough planner and would like to have something framed.
Are there any other websites, blogs or people that would be helpful for me to look talk to?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 2 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 3 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 4 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 5 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 10 Antwerp Tram
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 14 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 15 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 20 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 21 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 24 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.