I am planning on spending 2 months in Italy. 1 month in Tuscany to learn cooking and another month just travel around all the cities. I have just started planning and not sure where to begin. All my vacations are usually planned on Fodors. But this time I am dropping my life and looking to travel for 6 months.
I am a 28 year old solo India female traveler living in NYC . I’ve travelled on my own for 15-20 days, but this is taking it to whole new level. Excited and nervous!
So my question is does anyone know of any school where I can study cooking for a month? Accordingly I can plan on getting an apartment etc. Also, do you suggest I make that apartment my base for 2 months. Or should I live there for 1 month and spend the other month in different cities/towns of Italy?
I’m usually a thorough planner and would like to have something framed.
Are there any other websites, blogs or people that would be helpful for me to look talk to?
living in Tuscany for 1-2 months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 6 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 7 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 8 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 12 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 13 history museums or locations
- 14 Italy dolomites
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Good times in Munich, the city
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Cylades Island Hopping
- 24 One week in Spain, late May
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR