I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 6 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 11 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 12 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 13 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 14 Chania
- 15 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 16 Car rental in Santorini port
- 17 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 21 renting a car in greece
- 22 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre