I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Driving in Italy?
- 10 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 11 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 14 Super Cover For Hertz
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 Baby Milk
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon