I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 2 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 3 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 7 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 8 Which european city?
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 11 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 12 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 13 Scotland November 2015
- 14 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 15 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 19 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 20 Italy Countryside
- 21 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 22 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 25 Germany in December 2015