I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 2 Heathrow to London - train or taxi?
- 3 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 8 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Italy - best two central locations
- 13 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 14 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 15 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 16 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 18 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 19 Overnight Train Questions
- 20 Istanbul tour guides?
- 21 Flamenco Shows
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 24 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 25 St Remy area for Provence base?