I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
- 1 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 2 first european holiday itinery
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 8 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 9 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 13 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 14 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 15 Traveling within Italy
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 London for Christmas
- 18 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Florence in October
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris