I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Way... trust or bust?
- 2 A few last minute questions
- 3 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 4 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 7 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 Cost of Van from CDG
- 10 San Vino
- 11 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 12 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 13 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 14 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 15 Walking GPS?
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 18 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 19 Croatian islands
- 20 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 21 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 22 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 23 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 24 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 25 Edinburgh Nightlife