I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 2 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 3 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 4 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 5 travel insurance
- 6 Cookware in France
- 7 Russian Visa Question
- 8 Paris + Provence advice - to extend or not to extend
- 9 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 Scotland Bus Tour Recommendation?
- 12 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 13 Ireland train system: first class??
- 14 Paris - one day itinerary
- 15 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 16 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 17 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 18 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 19 apartment
- 20 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 23 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 24 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 25 Areas to avoid as a person of color?