I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 4 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 5 Help!!! Need suggestions paris hotel
- 6 London hotel tax is 20%
- 7 Dolomites in the summer - watch this
- 8 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 9 What to buy in Prague, Vienna, or Budapest that we can't get in the US?
- 10 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 11 Do trains run past midnight???
- 12 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 13 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 14 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 15 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 16 Venice - boats on canals
- 17 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 18 Barcelona for single female
- 19 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 20 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 21 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 22 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 23 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 24 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 25 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy