I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 5 CDG questions
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 8 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 9 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 10 France to Italy advice needed please
- 11 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 12 A Week in Spain
- 13 When to buy companion ticket?
- 14 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 17 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 18 Home Base in Belgium
- 19 Things to do in/around Milan
- 20 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 21 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 24 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 25 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein