I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Living in Italy for 3 Months
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 2 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 3 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Matisse at Tate
- 9 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 10 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Ireland Southwest
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 19 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 20 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?