I used this forum for my Greece Trip in 2011 and I found it amazingly helpful so I thought I'd give it another shot.
I am a 23 year old female student (literature major) currently living in Venice as an au pair, about a 20 minute bus ride from the island/lagoon.
I work 5 days a week, with two days (Sunday and Tuesday) to travel or do as I wish. I also have my daytime free (8:30-4:30) to visit local areas.
I'd like some suggestions on places to go as day trips from Venice during my days off, as well as attractions and sights to see in Venice while I am living here.
I am fairly active and I enjoy museums and architecture although I like to do them in smaller doses.
Also if anyone finds themselves in Italy in the next three months and would like to connect with a Canadian, I am very open to meeting with other travellers during my stay! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 3 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 4 Flights from Croatia
- 5 Europe in late January
- 6 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 9 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 10 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 18 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 19 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 20 Scenic Driving Routes
- 21 Vienna to Bratislava
- 22 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 23 1 way ticket
- 24 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 25 pareja de hecho in Spain