After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Dolomites October 14-18
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 6 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 7 Charles Degaulle question
- 8 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 11 Pompeii luggage storage
- 12 Departure Tax in UK
- 13 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 14 FCO connection time
- 15 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 16 Train Help
- 17 First time in Italy
- 18 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 19 Train rides
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 One week in & near Marseille
- 24 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey