After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 2 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 3 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 4 Schengen Visa
- 5 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 6 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 7 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 8 first family trip to Switzerland
- 9 Two Days in Prague
- 10 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 11 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 12 London GTG late September?
- 13 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 14 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 15 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 16 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 17 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 18 london in 2.5 days
- 19 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 22 Air France strike
- 23 BUDAPEST Accommodations[2weeks]
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)