After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BMW European Delivery program
- 2 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 3 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 4 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 5 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 6 Paris first then where?
- 7 Stay away from EF Tours
- 8 Dordogne in October
- 9 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 10 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 11 Does this sound feasible?
- 12 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 13 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 14 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 15 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 16 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 17 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 18 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 19 Eating in University cafeterias
- 20 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 21 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 24 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 25 Sicily 4-6 weeks