After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 2 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 5 Uber vs. TfL
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Germany or Sweden
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 14 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 15 Two days in Rome
- 16 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 17 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 18 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 19 PARIS
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey