After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 2 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 St Germain
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 Cotswold Churches
- 7 Autumn in Paris
- 8 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 9 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 10 Norway 2014
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 I dream of Europe
- 14 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 15 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 16 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 17 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 20 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 21 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Weekend in Norfolk
- 24 Best beach town in Italy?
- 25 Burgundy in May