After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 2 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 3 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 7 What one thing in Paris?
- 8 Holiday in Austria
- 9 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 16 First Trip to Europe!
- 17 Switzerland in mid-April
- 18 sfo to europe
- 19 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 20 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 21 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Car rental leaving Rome
- 25 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey