After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 2 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 5 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 6 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 7 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 8 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 9 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 10 Shoes for Paris in April
- 11 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 15 21 Days in Central Europe
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 London visit
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 20 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?