After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 3 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 4 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 5 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 11 House Hunting in France
- 12 English Countryside
- 13 Tour of Northern Italy
- 14 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 15 Cognac transportation?
- 16 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 17 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 20 Granada to Madrid
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 23 Hotel in Vienna
- 24 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey