After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Verona & Venice summer fashion
- 3 Douro Valley: 9 Hours On The Train?
- 4 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 5 Lake Garda itinerary
- 6 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 7 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 8 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 9 Volterra or San Gim. for area stay?
- 10 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 11 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 12 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 13 Irish Hotel Choices for Killarney and Adare
- 14 Sweden- and another thing
- 15 10 days in spain
- 16 Rome Walking Guide
- 17 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 18 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 19 Toll roads in Italy
- 20 Winery tours
- 21 The isles in June
- 22 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 23 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 24 A plethora of islands
- 25 Munich to Milan via train
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey