After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 2 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 3 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 4 The Best beach in Europe
- 5 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 I am a.tall foodie
- 8 Transportation
- 9 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 10 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 11 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 12 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 15 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 16 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 17 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 18 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 19 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 22 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 23 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 24 explore Italy on a budget
- 25 Itenerary Opinion
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey