After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice on Italy Itinary
- 2 Sim cards for Ireland, France, England and Northern Ireland
- 3 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 4 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 6 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 7 Location recommendation!
- 8 buying Eruos in advance
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Balkans Itinerary Part 2 - Extra Week
- 11 local restaurants along the french riveria
- 12 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 13 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 14 Help with Keukenhof Combi Ticket
- 15 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 16 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 17 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 18 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 19 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 20 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 21 electrical adaptor plugs
- 22 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 23 Montreux/Vevey Local Shopping
- 24 2 Days in Rome
- 25 Spending money
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey