After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 LIsbon
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 Corfu
- 9 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 10 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 25 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey