After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 3 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 4 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 5 What is with graffity in Barcelona?
- 6 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 7 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 8 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 9 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 10 Help to plan a better itinerary for 12 days Europe tour in Winter 2015
- 11 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 12 Paris in April
- 13 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 14 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 15 Transportation from Bordeaux to San Sebastián
- 16 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 17 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 18 French Language classes in Avignon?
- 19 Coming to London. Drinks, dinner?
- 20 Winter on the Cote d'Azur ??
- 21 Still another Normandy question
- 22 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 23 Cornwall and Germany
- 24 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 25 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey