After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 2 Ravello to Paestum
- 3 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 4 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 7 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 8 Girona and Besalau
- 9 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 10 London Itinerary and Questions
- 11 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 12 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 MiFi in Italy
- 15 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 16 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 17 Barcelona completely overrated
- 18 French lavender and cottages
- 19 What Greek islands should I visit
- 20 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 21 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 22 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 23 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Spain Itinerary Help
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey