After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 2 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 3 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 4 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 7 I went to Paris in June
- 8 where to stay in Germany
- 9 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 10 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 11 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 Stay away from EF Tours
- 14 Theater in London
- 15 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 16 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 17 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 18 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 19 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 20 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 21 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 22 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 23 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)