After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 2 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 3 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 4 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 5 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 6 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 7 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 8 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 9 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 10 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 11 Positano in high season???
- 12 Porto to Salamanca
- 13 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 14 Where to stay in Prague?
- 15 Tyrol - need general help
- 16 Please help me plan my trip!
- 17 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 18 Hotel in Lisbon
- 19 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 20 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 21 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 22 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 23 Greece and Turkey
- 24 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 25 buying souviners and art