After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 2 Europe itinerary
- 3 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 4 Southern Italy
- 5 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 6 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 9 European Travel in March
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 11 Madrid city centre?
- 12 Barcelona extension
- 13 Ireland driving itinerary
- 14 Slovania & Croatia
- 15 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 16 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 17 Barcelona Car rental return
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 BIKE AND BARGE
- 21 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 Enjoying England for a year!
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey