After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three ferries to Mull
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 All Set To Go!!
- 4 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 9 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 10 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 American Express
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 15 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Story of the German Christmas star
- 20 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 21 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?