After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 2 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 3 Paris Pass worth the money?
- 4 Andalucia itinerary help
- 5 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 6 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 7 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 8 Mont St. Michele?
- 9 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 10 10 day travel itinerary to Italy... help!
- 11 Four Days in Tallinn, Estonia
- 12 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 13 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 14 Southwestern England
- 15 Airoport transfers from Dublin airport
- 16 Airbnb
- 17 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 18 British Honeymoon!
- 19 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 20 Edinburgh accommodation location help me choose
- 21 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 22 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 23 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 24 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 25 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?