After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 4 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 8 Gite and/or agritourism
- 9 20 days in Germany
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 England and Scotland
- 17 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 18 Athens/Istanbul March
- 19 French open
- 20 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 21 Azores
- 22 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German