After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TAP airlines & other questions
- 2 Sentimental Journey
- 3 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 4 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 5 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 6 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 7 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 8 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 9 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 10 Netflix and Hulu
- 11 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 12 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 13 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 14 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 16 Paris hotels
- 17 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 18 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 19 5 days in switzerland
- 20 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 21 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 22 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 23 Antwerp Tram
- 24 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 25 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey