After so much help from other fodorites, wanted to pay back with a trip report and decided to do it live as we travel or it would never happen!
Who we are:
We are a family of four - DH, DD(5), DS(3.5), and me (DH and I are low 40's) and my DM ("Gramma"). We are expats in living in the UK and every summer I need my mountain "fix" (native Montanan) so we head to various locations in the Alps.
Fly into Zurich, train to Wengen for 4 nights staying at Hotel Schonegg.
Train from Wengen to Vevey for 4 nights staying at Hotel des Trois Couronnes.
Train to Geneva and fly home to London.
Turn off our blackberry's (huge challenge for DH), enjoy two beautiful locations with our kids and Grandma, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. Oh yes, and finding the best playgrounds ever (added to the mission by my 5 year old who still remembers the last trip to Switzerland).
1) I am typing this on my ipad which I am rubbish at so please ignore grammar and spelling especially bizarre ones that you may see caused by auto-correct.
2) I will also be doing this report either during naps or late at night after kids asleep (will likely involve wine which will not help with item 1).
3) I am new at trip reporting although a frequent viewer of others hence my guilty conscience telling me I owe one!
Ok, on I go...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Istanbul tour guides?
- 3 Another Book List for Italy
- 4 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 5 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 6 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 7 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 8 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 9 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 10 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 11 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 12 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 13 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 18 Dublin Sites, Fun and Food
- 19 Not-too-expensive Bed & Breakfasts in Ranelagh (or central-ish) Dublin?
- 20 Vet my itinerary
- 21 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 22 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 23 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 24 Italy - best two central locations
- 25 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
Live trip report - 8 days of family fun in Berner Oberland and Vevey