Good morning everybody,
I've been trying to work out an itinerary for next June and, after checking a lot of places on the Internet, this is, roughly, what I have:
Day 01: Arrival
Day 02: Baixa and Chiado
Day 03: Bairro Alto and Bica
Day 04: Alfama and Graca
Day 05: Belem
Day 06 and 07: off either for a day trip or Lisbon itself.
Day 01: Arrival and night at Venice.
Day 02: Train to Trieste
Day 03: Teresian Quarter
Day 04: San Giusto Hill
Day 05: Miramare Castle
Day 06: Duino Castle
Day 07: Train back and night at Venice .
Why Trieste? It seems interesting and off the beaten path and I've already been to other parts of Italy. Being in Trieste is kind of pushing me into taking the advantage to visit either Slovenia and Croatia. I could squeeze another week into my trip (although I should keep it shorter than three weeks for budget matters), but I am not sure about which one to visit that it's both feasible and easy.
My options are Ljubljana or Istria. Ljubljana seems lovely and small (How many nights are enough?) and I've found convenient bus connections connecting Trieste-Ljubljana and Ljubljana-Venice (my flight leaves from Venice). However, Istria seems beautiful, too, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one is better Piran or Rovinj (They seem tiny so how many nights?). Piran is closer to Trieste and, therefore, easier to get to, but Rovinj looks as beautiful, too. I only want to visit one (I'm already moving a lot).
I might be saying something stupid (forgive me if I am), but Ljubljana seems to have more of an own identity compared to Piran and Rovinj, which look very Italian (the venetian heritage is very strong). My interests? Strolling and enjoying the atmosphere. I'm not interested in museums.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel around Spain
- 2 Corsica
- 3 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 7 VENICE
- 8 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 9 CDG to Marais transfer
- 10 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 11 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 12 17 days in England
- 13 Italy Trip Report
- 14 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 17 Transportation Question Italy
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 20 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 21 What is your favorite travel app?
- 22 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 23 Shooting People: Evolution Gaming Team Build
- 24 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 25 stonehenge day trip from london
Good morning everybody,