Good morning everybody,
I've been trying to work out an itinerary for next June and, after checking a lot of places on the Internet, this is, roughly, what I have:
Day 01: Arrival
Day 02: Baixa and Chiado
Day 03: Bairro Alto and Bica
Day 04: Alfama and Graca
Day 05: Belem
Day 06 and 07: off either for a day trip or Lisbon itself.
Day 01: Arrival and night at Venice.
Day 02: Train to Trieste
Day 03: Teresian Quarter
Day 04: San Giusto Hill
Day 05: Miramare Castle
Day 06: Duino Castle
Day 07: Train back and night at Venice .
Why Trieste? It seems interesting and off the beaten path and I've already been to other parts of Italy. Being in Trieste is kind of pushing me into taking the advantage to visit either Slovenia and Croatia. I could squeeze another week into my trip (although I should keep it shorter than three weeks for budget matters), but I am not sure about which one to visit that it's both feasible and easy.
My options are Ljubljana or Istria. Ljubljana seems lovely and small (How many nights are enough?) and I've found convenient bus connections connecting Trieste-Ljubljana and Ljubljana-Venice (my flight leaves from Venice). However, Istria seems beautiful, too, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one is better Piran or Rovinj (They seem tiny so how many nights?). Piran is closer to Trieste and, therefore, easier to get to, but Rovinj looks as beautiful, too. I only want to visit one (I'm already moving a lot).
I might be saying something stupid (forgive me if I am), but Ljubljana seems to have more of an own identity compared to Piran and Rovinj, which look very Italian (the venetian heritage is very strong). My interests? Strolling and enjoying the atmosphere. I'm not interested in museums.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium advice
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Rome for a week
- 7 Ireland to Scotland
- 8 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 9 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 10 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 11 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 12 Overnight Train Questions
- 13 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 14 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 15 Poland in September
- 16 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 17 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 18 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 19 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 Rome to Positano
Good morning everybody,