Good morning everybody,
I've been trying to work out an itinerary for next June and, after checking a lot of places on the Internet, this is, roughly, what I have:
Day 01: Arrival
Day 02: Baixa and Chiado
Day 03: Bairro Alto and Bica
Day 04: Alfama and Graca
Day 05: Belem
Day 06 and 07: off either for a day trip or Lisbon itself.
Day 01: Arrival and night at Venice.
Day 02: Train to Trieste
Day 03: Teresian Quarter
Day 04: San Giusto Hill
Day 05: Miramare Castle
Day 06: Duino Castle
Day 07: Train back and night at Venice .
Why Trieste? It seems interesting and off the beaten path and I've already been to other parts of Italy. Being in Trieste is kind of pushing me into taking the advantage to visit either Slovenia and Croatia. I could squeeze another week into my trip (although I should keep it shorter than three weeks for budget matters), but I am not sure about which one to visit that it's both feasible and easy.
My options are Ljubljana or Istria. Ljubljana seems lovely and small (How many nights are enough?) and I've found convenient bus connections connecting Trieste-Ljubljana and Ljubljana-Venice (my flight leaves from Venice). However, Istria seems beautiful, too, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one is better Piran or Rovinj (They seem tiny so how many nights?). Piran is closer to Trieste and, therefore, easier to get to, but Rovinj looks as beautiful, too. I only want to visit one (I'm already moving a lot).
I might be saying something stupid (forgive me if I am), but Ljubljana seems to have more of an own identity compared to Piran and Rovinj, which look very Italian (the venetian heritage is very strong). My interests? Strolling and enjoying the atmosphere. I'm not interested in museums.
Thank you so much!
Lisbon, Trieste and: Ljubljana or Istria
Good morning everybody,
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Gogartys, Dublin
- 7 Prague - must see
- 8 Sicily 10 days
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 12 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 13 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 14 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 15 Portugal in September
- 16 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 17 Europe with young teens
- 18 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 19 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 23 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!