Good morning everybody,
I've been trying to work out an itinerary for next June and, after checking a lot of places on the Internet, this is, roughly, what I have:
Day 01: Arrival
Day 02: Baixa and Chiado
Day 03: Bairro Alto and Bica
Day 04: Alfama and Graca
Day 05: Belem
Day 06 and 07: off either for a day trip or Lisbon itself.
Day 01: Arrival and night at Venice.
Day 02: Train to Trieste
Day 03: Teresian Quarter
Day 04: San Giusto Hill
Day 05: Miramare Castle
Day 06: Duino Castle
Day 07: Train back and night at Venice .
Why Trieste? It seems interesting and off the beaten path and I've already been to other parts of Italy. Being in Trieste is kind of pushing me into taking the advantage to visit either Slovenia and Croatia. I could squeeze another week into my trip (although I should keep it shorter than three weeks for budget matters), but I am not sure about which one to visit that it's both feasible and easy.
My options are Ljubljana or Istria. Ljubljana seems lovely and small (How many nights are enough?) and I've found convenient bus connections connecting Trieste-Ljubljana and Ljubljana-Venice (my flight leaves from Venice). However, Istria seems beautiful, too, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one is better Piran or Rovinj (They seem tiny so how many nights?). Piran is closer to Trieste and, therefore, easier to get to, but Rovinj looks as beautiful, too. I only want to visit one (I'm already moving a lot).
I might be saying something stupid (forgive me if I am), but Ljubljana seems to have more of an own identity compared to Piran and Rovinj, which look very Italian (the venetian heritage is very strong). My interests? Strolling and enjoying the atmosphere. I'm not interested in museums.
Thank you so much!
Lisbon, Trieste and: Ljubljana or Istria
Good morning everybody,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 4 No points in Paris .....
- 5 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 6 best time to book accommodation
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 9 Stay near Paris
- 10 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 11 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 Sicily - not a trip report
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 19 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012