Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 2 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 3 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 4 Car rental at Athens airport
- 5 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 6 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 8 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 9 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 10 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 11 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 12 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 13 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 14 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 15 Turkey - Live report
- 16 Molise and Southern Abruzzo - Does it have to be a secret ?
- 17 Hotels in old Rome
- 18 Wish me luck please
- 19 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 20 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 21 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 22 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 23 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 24 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 25 British Royals