Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 3 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 4 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 5 Lakes District UK
- 6 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 7 St Germain
- 8 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 9 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 12 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 13 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 14 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 15 Rome Areas to stay
- 16 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 19 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 22 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 23 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 24 When to go to Sicily
- 25 Wengen to Torino?