Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 5 Istanbul water
- 6 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 7 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 8 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 9 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 10 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 11 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 12 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 13 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 14 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 15 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 16 Advice for a trip to Venice
- 17 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 18 Day Trips from Nice
- 19 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 20 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 21 Madrid: City Views
- 22 How much luggage?????
- 23 Cornwall or Paris?
- 24 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 25 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters