Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 3 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 6 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 7 Italy Spending Budget
- 8 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 9 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 10 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 11 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 12 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 13 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 14 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 17 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 18 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 19 Schengen rule made easy
- 20 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 21 Ireland or Scotland
- 22 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 23 First Trip to Europe
- 24 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 25 Scandinavian tour - first time!