Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 8 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 9 American Express
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??