Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does this sound feasible?
- 2 Bike touring in France
- 3 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 4 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 5 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 6 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 7 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 8 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 11 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 12 Calling home from abroad
- 13 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 14 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 15 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 16 Dordogne in October
- 17 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 18 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 19 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 20 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 21 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 24 Paris first then where?
- 25 Paris: A Classical Music Concert