Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 2 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 3 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 4 Greece after the Vote
- 5 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 6 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 7 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 8 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 9 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 10 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 11 Satnav maps update
- 12 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 13 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 14 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 18 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 19 mallorca
- 20 April in Madrid
- 21 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece