Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 3 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 4 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 5 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 6 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 7 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 8 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 9 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 10 Moving to Belfast
- 11 Luggage sizing
- 12 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 13 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 14 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 15 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 16 London during Christmas week
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 19 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 22 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 23 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 24 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 25 Eleanor's Pages