Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 2 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 museum passes in Rome
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 10 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 11 Lavender Fields
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 14 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 Where to stay in Rome
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 20 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 21 Munich
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 24 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 25 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please