Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time to UK since 2001
- 2 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 3 Hotels that we found special
- 4 Art in Paris
- 5 Rental car while in Ireland
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Too many Trip Reports
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 12 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 13 Great London Bars with a view
- 14 I dream of Europe
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 17 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Reykjavik hotels
- 22 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 23 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Sweden, Denmark, Norway