Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you answer this poll on spiritual tourism ?
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 4 Itinerary 20 days
- 5 Study Spanish in Granada; Cordoba?
- 6 Cotswold Churches
- 7 I dream of Europe
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 10 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 16 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 17 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 18 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 19 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 20 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 21 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 22 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 23 Ireland or Scotland
- 24 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 25 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia