Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 2 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 3 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 4 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 5 International driving permit required in France?
- 6 First Time Going to Europe
- 7 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 8 How long in Venice?
- 9 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 10 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 11 Hotel in Rome?
- 12 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 13 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 14 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 15 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 16 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 17 Traditional food in Athens
- 18 After a Wild Thyme in Armenia: Retreat to Moscow
- 19 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 20 Getting cash in Spain
- 21 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 22 Russian Folk Dance program in Moscow
- 23 Greek Ferries in October - Q's
- 24 Cotswolds village base
- 25 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain