Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 2 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 3 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 4 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 5 Monet's Giverny
- 6 wedding abroad
- 7 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 8 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 9 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 11 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 12 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 13 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 14 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 15 Cookware in France
- 16 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 17 apartment
- 18 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 19 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 20 Vaucluse Lavander
- 21 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 22 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 23 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 24 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 25 English language info/site for Belgium bus services