Hello! We are planning a 5 week trip to Europe, part of which we'd like to return to Lisbon because we really loved it so much the first time we visited in 2010. I'd like to spend about 5 nights in Lisbon to see some of the sites we missed last time and enjoy the city. Then we'd like to travel to Porto. We will have a 4 year old with us, considering this would it be better to take a train and make stops in interesting towns along the way or would renting a car be a better fit? How many days should we budget with stops along the way? What are the top 3 towns between Lisbon and Porto not to be missed? Is it better to return to Lisbon to fly out or can we just as easily fly out of Porto (we'd likely be going to Rome or Paris from Portugal). Thank you for the advice!!!
Lisbon to Porto, train or car? How many days? Which towns to see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 2 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 3 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 4 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 5 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 6 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 7 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 8 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 9 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 10 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 11 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 12 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 13 Trip to Russia – get the most!
- 14 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 15 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 16 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 17 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 18 Hotel in Lisbon
- 19 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 20 Tyrol - need general help
- 21 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 22 Italy food budget
- 23 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 24 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 25 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?