I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Lisbon/Porto/ Southern Galicia Coastal region for early September. I will have 9 days.
Initial plan is to:
- fly into Porto
- hire a car and head north to Pontevedra, or the coastal area of South Galicia
- back to Porto and then take a train to Lisbon
- Fly out of Lisbon
I will have a car from the 29th August to 3rd September, so we would like to explore the Southern Coastal Galician region during that period.
From the 4th to the 7th, I will be relying on public transportation, so I thought I would take a train from Porto south to Lisbon, which I have always longed to visit, and then fly back from Lisbon to London.
So, some questions:
I would love to make the best of the car to explore the coastal areas in South Galicia. – from Baiona to areas west of Pontevedra. So where should be our base? Pontevedra (have been before and love the town), or on the coast? If on the coast, where would you suggest? How many days should we stay? What are the highlights?
Porto: How many days to spend in the town? It seems like just on whole day to me, maybe a day and a half. Are there side trips we should take from there?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, and think I will love it. How many days should I commit? If less than three, what side trips would you suggest?
Just in case you think I am not doing my homework, I am reviewing my guidebooks for Northern Spain, Galicia, Portugal, Lisbon, and have all the maps.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 Escargots in Paris
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 8 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 9 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 10 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 11 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 12 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 13 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 17 Acropolis Athens
- 18 Vacation in Great Britain
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 21 Interesting places to visit
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Trip Ideas
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June