I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Lisbon/Porto/ Southern Galicia Coastal region for early September. I will have 9 days.
Initial plan is to:
- fly into Porto
- hire a car and head north to Pontevedra, or the coastal area of South Galicia
- back to Porto and then take a train to Lisbon
- Fly out of Lisbon
I will have a car from the 29th August to 3rd September, so we would like to explore the Southern Coastal Galician region during that period.
From the 4th to the 7th, I will be relying on public transportation, so I thought I would take a train from Porto south to Lisbon, which I have always longed to visit, and then fly back from Lisbon to London.
So, some questions:
I would love to make the best of the car to explore the coastal areas in South Galicia. – from Baiona to areas west of Pontevedra. So where should be our base? Pontevedra (have been before and love the town), or on the coast? If on the coast, where would you suggest? How many days should we stay? What are the highlights?
Porto: How many days to spend in the town? It seems like just on whole day to me, maybe a day and a half. Are there side trips we should take from there?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, and think I will love it. How many days should I commit? If less than three, what side trips would you suggest?
Just in case you think I am not doing my homework, I am reviewing my guidebooks for Northern Spain, Galicia, Portugal, Lisbon, and have all the maps.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 Switzerland in October
- 6 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 7 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 8 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 9 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 13 Tuscany First Time
- 14 Iceland car rental agencies
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 21 2 days in Lugano area
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 24 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice