I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Lisbon/Porto/ Southern Galicia Coastal region for early September. I will have 9 days.
Initial plan is to:
- fly into Porto
- hire a car and head north to Pontevedra, or the coastal area of South Galicia
- back to Porto and then take a train to Lisbon
- Fly out of Lisbon
I will have a car from the 29th August to 3rd September, so we would like to explore the Southern Coastal Galician region during that period.
From the 4th to the 7th, I will be relying on public transportation, so I thought I would take a train from Porto south to Lisbon, which I have always longed to visit, and then fly back from Lisbon to London.
So, some questions:
I would love to make the best of the car to explore the coastal areas in South Galicia. – from Baiona to areas west of Pontevedra. So where should be our base? Pontevedra (have been before and love the town), or on the coast? If on the coast, where would you suggest? How many days should we stay? What are the highlights?
Porto: How many days to spend in the town? It seems like just on whole day to me, maybe a day and a half. Are there side trips we should take from there?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, and think I will love it. How many days should I commit? If less than three, what side trips would you suggest?
Just in case you think I am not doing my homework, I am reviewing my guidebooks for Northern Spain, Galicia, Portugal, Lisbon, and have all the maps.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 경마문화┏际】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【际┓경마문화
- 2 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 3 레이스경마┏下】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【下┓레이스경마
- 4 서울레이스┏过】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【过┓서울레이스
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 7 Rome-Itinerary
- 8 Italy bus or train
- 9 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 12 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 13 Walking itinerary in England?
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 16 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Day trips around Vienna
- 19 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 20 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 Vacation
- 23 Rouen Tour Companies
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Praiano hotel question