I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Lisbon/Porto/ Southern Galicia Coastal region for early September. I will have 9 days.
Initial plan is to:
- fly into Porto
- hire a car and head north to Pontevedra, or the coastal area of South Galicia
- back to Porto and then take a train to Lisbon
- Fly out of Lisbon
I will have a car from the 29th August to 3rd September, so we would like to explore the Southern Coastal Galician region during that period.
From the 4th to the 7th, I will be relying on public transportation, so I thought I would take a train from Porto south to Lisbon, which I have always longed to visit, and then fly back from Lisbon to London.
So, some questions:
I would love to make the best of the car to explore the coastal areas in South Galicia. – from Baiona to areas west of Pontevedra. So where should be our base? Pontevedra (have been before and love the town), or on the coast? If on the coast, where would you suggest? How many days should we stay? What are the highlights?
Porto: How many days to spend in the town? It seems like just on whole day to me, maybe a day and a half. Are there side trips we should take from there?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, and think I will love it. How many days should I commit? If less than three, what side trips would you suggest?
Just in case you think I am not doing my homework, I am reviewing my guidebooks for Northern Spain, Galicia, Portugal, Lisbon, and have all the maps.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 5 My final Prague itinerary
- 6 Positano or Sorrento?
- 7 Last minute trip to Capri
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg