I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Lisbon/Porto/ Southern Galicia Coastal region for early September. I will have 9 days.
Initial plan is to:
- fly into Porto
- hire a car and head north to Pontevedra, or the coastal area of South Galicia
- back to Porto and then take a train to Lisbon
- Fly out of Lisbon
I will have a car from the 29th August to 3rd September, so we would like to explore the Southern Coastal Galician region during that period.
From the 4th to the 7th, I will be relying on public transportation, so I thought I would take a train from Porto south to Lisbon, which I have always longed to visit, and then fly back from Lisbon to London.
So, some questions:
I would love to make the best of the car to explore the coastal areas in South Galicia. – from Baiona to areas west of Pontevedra. So where should be our base? Pontevedra (have been before and love the town), or on the coast? If on the coast, where would you suggest? How many days should we stay? What are the highlights?
Porto: How many days to spend in the town? It seems like just on whole day to me, maybe a day and a half. Are there side trips we should take from there?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, and think I will love it. How many days should I commit? If less than three, what side trips would you suggest?
Just in case you think I am not doing my homework, I am reviewing my guidebooks for Northern Spain, Galicia, Portugal, Lisbon, and have all the maps.
Best regards Ger
Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 2 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 3 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 11 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 12 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 13 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 14 Paris and where else?
- 15 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 16 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 17 Eleanor's Pages
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 22 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 23 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 24 Internet or travel agent?
- 25 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015