DD and I are heading to Germany to visit family. After we part with them, we'll have 3 nights to spend in Lisbon before heading back to the states. This trip will be in mid-late January. I know 3 nights isn't enough, but it's all we can do this trip.
After looking at hotels and apartments, I think we've decided on an apartment. I like to get up very early and putz around, and an apartment allows this better than a hotel room.
I would naturally be drawn to the Alfama area, and there are many cute options in the neighborhood. My question is, for such a short stay, should we stay more central - Baixa, Chiado, Barrio Alto? Would it make much of a difference?
For the record, we're both healthy and mobile.
Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 2 London best location
- 3 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 4 travel around Spain
- 5 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 8 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 9 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 12 London Restaurants
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 15 Cinqueterre
- 16 Germany deregistration
- 17 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 18 One day in Lille, France
- 19 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 22 Corsica
- 23 CDG to Marais transfer
- 24 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 25 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar