DD and I are heading to Germany to visit family. After we part with them, we'll have 3 nights to spend in Lisbon before heading back to the states. This trip will be in mid-late January. I know 3 nights isn't enough, but it's all we can do this trip.
After looking at hotels and apartments, I think we've decided on an apartment. I like to get up very early and putz around, and an apartment allows this better than a hotel room.
I would naturally be drawn to the Alfama area, and there are many cute options in the neighborhood. My question is, for such a short stay, should we stay more central - Baixa, Chiado, Barrio Alto? Would it make much of a difference?
For the record, we're both healthy and mobile.
Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 6 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 10 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 11 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 24 hours in Zurich
- 14 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 15 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 16 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 19 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017