DD and I are heading to Germany to visit family. After we part with them, we'll have 3 nights to spend in Lisbon before heading back to the states. This trip will be in mid-late January. I know 3 nights isn't enough, but it's all we can do this trip.
After looking at hotels and apartments, I think we've decided on an apartment. I like to get up very early and putz around, and an apartment allows this better than a hotel room.
I would naturally be drawn to the Alfama area, and there are many cute options in the neighborhood. My question is, for such a short stay, should we stay more central - Baixa, Chiado, Barrio Alto? Would it make much of a difference?
For the record, we're both healthy and mobile.
Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Salzburg itinerary review
- 19 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 weekend from cologne germany
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?