DD and I are heading to Germany to visit family. After we part with them, we'll have 3 nights to spend in Lisbon before heading back to the states. This trip will be in mid-late January. I know 3 nights isn't enough, but it's all we can do this trip.
After looking at hotels and apartments, I think we've decided on an apartment. I like to get up very early and putz around, and an apartment allows this better than a hotel room.
I would naturally be drawn to the Alfama area, and there are many cute options in the neighborhood. My question is, for such a short stay, should we stay more central - Baixa, Chiado, Barrio Alto? Would it make much of a difference?
For the record, we're both healthy and mobile.
Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!
Lisbon neighborhood for short stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 7 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 12 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 13 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 9 days in turkey
- 18 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 23 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 24 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 25 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014