DD and I are heading to Germany to visit family. After we part with them, we'll have 3 nights to spend in Lisbon before heading back to the states. This trip will be in mid-late January. I know 3 nights isn't enough, but it's all we can do this trip.
After looking at hotels and apartments, I think we've decided on an apartment. I like to get up very early and putz around, and an apartment allows this better than a hotel room.
I would naturally be drawn to the Alfama area, and there are many cute options in the neighborhood. My question is, for such a short stay, should we stay more central - Baixa, Chiado, Barrio Alto? Would it make much of a difference?
For the record, we're both healthy and mobile.
Any thoughts? All input is appreciated!
Lisbon neighborhood for short stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 2 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 3 Eurostar booking
- 4 Questions for my German friends
- 5 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 6 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 9 Chip but no PIN
- 10 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 14 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 15 Oktoberfest reservations
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 18 italy
- 19 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 20 Stay near Paris
- 21 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 22 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 23 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)