Looking for some help with planning our honeymoon. My fiancé is very well travelled but I'll be the one planning the honeymoon. It'll be for 2.5 weeks in the summer, in the beginning of August/end of July. We've skeletonized some of the plan together and already purchased a flight from LA to Lisbon to start us off and then a flight from Rome back to California to end the trip. We'd like to spend most of our trip in Italy, but I'd like to get some ideas of fun/romantic/interesting sites to see. Here is a tentative list of sites we'd probably visit in chronological order:
Lisbon (few days)
Barcelona (2 days)
**any good sites to see in between? Perhaps Monaco?**
Venice (2 days)
Florence (2 days)
Rome (2 days)
Naples/Pompei (1 day)
Sorrento/amalfi coast (2 days)
Rome (1 day)
I was told by a friend to look into getting a train between Lisbon and Barcelona, and then a flight between Barcelona and Venice, unless there was another city we should visit in between.
Likes: we enjoy exploring cities, experiencing their cultures, art, restaurants, and wine. We'd like to include some relaxing elements like beach or two.
Any suggestions or good/trustworthy sites that I should visit on the internet to help me plan this trip out? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 2 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 3 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 4 Scotland in December
- 5 10 days in London in early December
- 6 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 Iceland
- 9 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 10 Greece
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 19 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 tickets for Wimbledon
- 22 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 23 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 24 Italy in January?
- 25 Cortona -- just a passing thought