Looking for some help with planning our honeymoon. My fiancé is very well travelled but I'll be the one planning the honeymoon. It'll be for 2.5 weeks in the summer, in the beginning of August/end of July. We've skeletonized some of the plan together and already purchased a flight from LA to Lisbon to start us off and then a flight from Rome back to California to end the trip. We'd like to spend most of our trip in Italy, but I'd like to get some ideas of fun/romantic/interesting sites to see. Here is a tentative list of sites we'd probably visit in chronological order:
Lisbon (few days)
Barcelona (2 days)
**any good sites to see in between? Perhaps Monaco?**
Venice (2 days)
Florence (2 days)
Rome (2 days)
Naples/Pompei (1 day)
Sorrento/amalfi coast (2 days)
Rome (1 day)
I was told by a friend to look into getting a train between Lisbon and Barcelona, and then a flight between Barcelona and Venice, unless there was another city we should visit in between.
Likes: we enjoy exploring cities, experiencing their cultures, art, restaurants, and wine. We'd like to include some relaxing elements like beach or two.
Any suggestions or good/trustworthy sites that I should visit on the internet to help me plan this trip out? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 LIsbon
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 International Flight Question
- 5 Luggage Storage
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 13 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 19 Back from Paris
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 NOT our first trip to Ireland