We are new to this forum and need some help.
We are a family of four (my wife and our two children, ages 16 and 19) and we are travelling to Portugal in early August for nine days (eleven including travel days). We like all a southern European vacation has to offer, from food to museums and from beach time to walks through medieval villages.
We want to spend the nine full days in the Lisbon area so we do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. We would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.
Should we stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should we stay in to make it easier to visit the places we want to see?
Another option we were thinking about was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.
As well, any other day trips we should consider? Should we consider a day trip to Porto?
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more