We are new to this forum and need some help.
We are a family of four (my wife and our two children, ages 16 and 19) and we are travelling to Portugal in early August for nine days (eleven including travel days). We like all a southern European vacation has to offer, from food to museums and from beach time to walks through medieval villages.
We want to spend the nine full days in the Lisbon area so we do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. We would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.
Should we stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should we stay in to make it easier to visit the places we want to see?
Another option we were thinking about was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.
As well, any other day trips we should consider? Should we consider a day trip to Porto?
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 2 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 3 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 7 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 8 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 9 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas