We are new to this forum and need some help.
We are a family of four (my wife and our two children, ages 16 and 19) and we are travelling to Portugal in early August for nine days (eleven including travel days). We like all a southern European vacation has to offer, from food to museums and from beach time to walks through medieval villages.
We want to spend the nine full days in the Lisbon area so we do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. We would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.
Should we stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should we stay in to make it easier to visit the places we want to see?
Another option we were thinking about was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.
As well, any other day trips we should consider? Should we consider a day trip to Porto?
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 önl!ne BELLSOUTH Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 Bellsouth 24*7
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Train / Calabria
- 9 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 13 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Lisbon - a few tips
- 17 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 18 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 19 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 20 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 21 Avoid Europcar!
- 22 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 25 European Vacation 2017