Middle aged couple
Independent travellers no car- prefer to use trains
Travelled to Italy several times- and in particular have spent several weeks in Rome previously
We will have 5 weeks in Italy. May-June
Confirmed itinerary so far .all except for the Liguria leg
Rome: 3 nights
Bologna: 7 nights
Verona: 7 nights
Varenna: 10 nights
**Liguria** ( but undecided where) 7 nights
Rome 1 night then fly home
On previous trip spent 3 nights Manarola ( Cinque Terre) and 1 night Camogli....loved the area.
Undecided whether Genoa is the right place to base with day trips....we usually stay in "budget conscious" apartments, but I feel unsure if this is the way to go in Genoa-
Am curious about the area west of Genoa.... but am really open to suggestions.
Where would you base for the 7 days or should we split the time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 14 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 15 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 20 4 nights in Sardinia
- 21 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Matera tour guide wanted