Middle aged couple
Independent travellers no car- prefer to use trains
Travelled to Italy several times- and in particular have spent several weeks in Rome previously
We will have 5 weeks in Italy. May-June
Confirmed itinerary so far .all except for the Liguria leg
Rome: 3 nights
Bologna: 7 nights
Verona: 7 nights
Varenna: 10 nights
**Liguria** ( but undecided where) 7 nights
Rome 1 night then fly home
On previous trip spent 3 nights Manarola ( Cinque Terre) and 1 night Camogli....loved the area.
Undecided whether Genoa is the right place to base with day trips....we usually stay in "budget conscious" apartments, but I feel unsure if this is the way to go in Genoa-
Am curious about the area west of Genoa.... but am really open to suggestions.
Where would you base for the 7 days or should we split the time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 Italy in January?
- 3 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 4 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 5 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 6 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 7 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 8 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 9 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 10 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 11 Happy birthday ATM
- 12 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 13 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 14 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 17 2 days in Lugano area
- 18 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 19 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 20 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!