Middle aged couple
Independent travellers no car- prefer to use trains
Travelled to Italy several times- and in particular have spent several weeks in Rome previously
We will have 5 weeks in Italy. May-June
Confirmed itinerary so far .all except for the Liguria leg
Rome: 3 nights
Bologna: 7 nights
Verona: 7 nights
Varenna: 10 nights
**Liguria** ( but undecided where) 7 nights
Rome 1 night then fly home
On previous trip spent 3 nights Manarola ( Cinque Terre) and 1 night Camogli....loved the area.
Undecided whether Genoa is the right place to base with day trips....we usually stay in "budget conscious" apartments, but I feel unsure if this is the way to go in Genoa-
Am curious about the area west of Genoa.... but am really open to suggestions.
Where would you base for the 7 days or should we split the time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 2 Swiss Travel Pass
- 3 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 4 10 days in Paris and......
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 7 Athens
- 8 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 9 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 10 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 11 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 12 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 21 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices