Extremely chemically and mold sensitive. I actually do better in Europe than US due to less fake scents, etc. Had a fabulous Italy trip two years ago. Stayed at many hotels who were caring and great about thoroughly cleaning our room in advance and washing the sheets only in hot water and vinegar. Terrible experience with huge amounts of black mold in a shower in Sicily and really snotty staff so a little gun shy now. I have a good feeling about our stay in Zurich and Milan, but am concerned what hotel to pick in Venice for our 7-day stay. Budget per night is 250-300 per night. Yes, I know, not a great city to be mold sensitive in! But, what can I say, I just loved the place last time. Wouldn't repeat last hotel as lots of carpet with really strong carpet cleaner. Realize this won't strike a cord with most people, so just any suggestions for a super clean room, bathroom and staff/owners will to go the extra mile? For me this isn't a case of just not liking the smell, it is a serious health issue. I bring a mask with a HIPPA filter with me everywhere just in case, but 7 nights is a bit long so do that every night if the worst happens. Plus, not very romantic!
Life is challenging, but not letting it stop me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 2 Southern France
- 3 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 4 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 5 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 6 italy
- 7 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Foie gras, redux
- 12 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 13 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 14 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 15 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 16 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 17 What to wear
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 Pronunciation
- 24 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son