Extremely chemically and mold sensitive. I actually do better in Europe than US due to less fake scents, etc. Had a fabulous Italy trip two years ago. Stayed at many hotels who were caring and great about thoroughly cleaning our room in advance and washing the sheets only in hot water and vinegar. Terrible experience with huge amounts of black mold in a shower in Sicily and really snotty staff so a little gun shy now. I have a good feeling about our stay in Zurich and Milan, but am concerned what hotel to pick in Venice for our 7-day stay. Budget per night is 250-300 per night. Yes, I know, not a great city to be mold sensitive in! But, what can I say, I just loved the place last time. Wouldn't repeat last hotel as lots of carpet with really strong carpet cleaner. Realize this won't strike a cord with most people, so just any suggestions for a super clean room, bathroom and staff/owners will to go the extra mile? For me this isn't a case of just not liking the smell, it is a serious health issue. I bring a mask with a HIPPA filter with me everywhere just in case, but 7 nights is a bit long so do that every night if the worst happens. Plus, not very romantic!
Life is challenging, but not letting it stop me!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Spain - Andalucia
- 3 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 9 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 12 One more last question on Bayeux
- 13 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins