Extremely chemically and mold sensitive. I actually do better in Europe than US due to less fake scents, etc. Had a fabulous Italy trip two years ago. Stayed at many hotels who were caring and great about thoroughly cleaning our room in advance and washing the sheets only in hot water and vinegar. Terrible experience with huge amounts of black mold in a shower in Sicily and really snotty staff so a little gun shy now. I have a good feeling about our stay in Zurich and Milan, but am concerned what hotel to pick in Venice for our 7-day stay. Budget per night is 250-300 per night. Yes, I know, not a great city to be mold sensitive in! But, what can I say, I just loved the place last time. Wouldn't repeat last hotel as lots of carpet with really strong carpet cleaner. Realize this won't strike a cord with most people, so just any suggestions for a super clean room, bathroom and staff/owners will to go the extra mile? For me this isn't a case of just not liking the smell, it is a serious health issue. I bring a mask with a HIPPA filter with me everywhere just in case, but 7 nights is a bit long so do that every night if the worst happens. Plus, not very romantic!
Life is challenging, but not letting it stop me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 6 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 gites de france or agritourism
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 14 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Nice or Marseille??
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 Dresden or Leipzig
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio