Extremely chemically and mold sensitive. I actually do better in Europe than US due to less fake scents, etc. Had a fabulous Italy trip two years ago. Stayed at many hotels who were caring and great about thoroughly cleaning our room in advance and washing the sheets only in hot water and vinegar. Terrible experience with huge amounts of black mold in a shower in Sicily and really snotty staff so a little gun shy now. I have a good feeling about our stay in Zurich and Milan, but am concerned what hotel to pick in Venice for our 7-day stay. Budget per night is 250-300 per night. Yes, I know, not a great city to be mold sensitive in! But, what can I say, I just loved the place last time. Wouldn't repeat last hotel as lots of carpet with really strong carpet cleaner. Realize this won't strike a cord with most people, so just any suggestions for a super clean room, bathroom and staff/owners will to go the extra mile? For me this isn't a case of just not liking the smell, it is a serious health issue. I bring a mask with a HIPPA filter with me everywhere just in case, but 7 nights is a bit long so do that every night if the worst happens. Plus, not very romantic!
Life is challenging, but not letting it stop me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in November
- 2 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 3 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 4 Decision time...
- 5 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Authentic czech food
- 8 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 9 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 10 Italy - unusually so
- 11 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 12 About cars in Austria
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 15 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 16 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 19 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 20 Has anybody bought tickets through divento.com?
- 21 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 22 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 23 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 24 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 25 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?